Interim Service Projects Director
Brake is a leading NGO that is highly respected both in the UK and globally, fighting for a world with safe and green road transport, and supporting road crash victims. Every death or serious injury is one too many, and they can all be prevented. Every death or serious injury devastates families, who must be cared for.
Work comes from a head office in Yorkshire, smaller locations in London and New Zealand, and from home.
Interim Director of Services
12-month contract (Jan 2019 to end December 2019)
£45,000 to £53,000
This role holds responsibility, in line with the objectives outlined in Brake's strategy, to direct and deliver on a number of services, with a primary focus being our victim services.
Brake operates services to:
- Help bereaved and seriously injured road crash victims. (Example services are an accredited and acclaimed helpline for crash victims, information and advice literature, and police training in how to help bereaved families. We also operate a service called "Sudden" which aims to research and disseminate best practice care of people bereaved suddenly.)
- Prevent road crashes. (Example services include provision of information about road safety and campaign manuals to enable people to undertake campaigning activities.)
The role is for a 12-month period, during which the incumbent can expect to spend a majority of their time directing the work normally undertaken by our Director of Victim Services (who is going on maternity leave), not to the exclusion of tasks relating to leadership of other road safety services.
- The ability to use and develop project management systems and work within those systems.
- Proven team leadership skills, the ability to motivate a team and influence organisational culture.
- The ability to think strategically and manage a large and complex workload
- A demonstrable amount of senior project leadership and management experience, with an emphasis on quality standards and evaluation
- Experience of working in a fast-paced medium-sized organisation that is deadline-driven and results-driven.
- Experience of external partnership building to achieve results
- Proven ability to develop relationships and influence at a senior level with external funders
Please submit your CV via the "Apply Now" button below. Please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application. This should describe how your experience and skills meet the specific requirements of the job description and be no longer than 500 words
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process, candidates may be invited to meet with a Prospectus consultant at our offices.
Following preliminary interviews with Prospectus, shortlisted candidates will be invited for a first stage interview with Brake
Closing Date: 1st November 2018
Please note this job title has changed from Interim Director of Services to Interim Service Projects Director.
- Project Management
- Road Safety
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'