Interim Deputy Head (SUMMER TERM) - Independent School (Richmond) up to £275/day (Ltd or Umbrella)
Interim Deputy Head - Independent School (Richmond)
SUMMER TERM 2018
Up to £275 / day
Our client, an Independent Preparatory School are looking for an experienced educationalist with leadership skills who is clear-sighted and a person of integrity with a good level of technical skills and ideally experience using SIMS.
As the ideal candidate you must have:
- An excellent educational understanding of key issues and organisational abilities
- An understanding of school protocols and policies
- A good working knowledge of child protection issues and safeguarding
This is a pivotal academic role which requires excellent communication skills and a high level of commitment and enthusiasm.
Brief outline of duties:
- Lead and manage the academic team
- Monitor, assess and develop high standards of teaching
- Promote good practice by example
- Liaise closely with the Head on all matters concerned with the transfer of pupils at 11+ 13+ to secondary schools
- Assist the Head by advising on pupils’ performance and the realistic options open to boys from the tracked assessment information on SIMS
- Liaise closely with parents and contact them regularly to provide feedback and address anxieties, issues or concerns
- Lead curriculum planning, liaising closely with Heads of Department
- Analyse and evaluate class and year group assessments and keep accurate and appropriate records on SIMS
- Monitor attendance and punctuality of pupils, taking action should it be necessary to do so
- Manage the daily working of the timetable / creating initial draft timetable for 2018 - 2019
- Organise the examination and reporting programme in the Summer Term
- Assist with staff recruitment
- Organise weekly meetings - SMT, GSM and Briefings with the Head
- Deputise for the Head in her absence
- Teach across all age groups as required
If you have the required knowledge and experience for this role, then please forward your CV for immediate consideration to Nick Sion
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"