Interim Category Manager 9-12 months
Marks Sattin are working in partnership with our Public Sector Client to recruit an Inerim Category Manager on a 9-12 month basis to provide expertise within the Procurement function.
The position will support the Procurement Director with the delivery of the 'Procurement Programme' and will provide ongoing contract management support.
As Category Manager, you will lead the delivery of a number of categories and will oversee the full spectrum of tender and contract management activities.
The Interim Category Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of categories to meet time, budget and resource parameters in accordance with best practices and legislative regulations
- Advisory on public sector procurement strategy options
- Demonstrating ownership and delivery of full end to end OJEU / PCR2015 procurements with experience in a variety of processes
- Providing support to the Assistant Category Manager and Adminstration Support teams where appropriate
- Working collaboratively with government and council procurement teams to implement an efficient and effective working relationship
- Participating in the effective negotiation of tenders to secure goods and services on the most advantageous value for money terms
- The management of key stakeholders and key operational staff to meet project outcomes
- Providing advice and guidance to internal stakeholders in relation to effective contract management
- Maintaining an accurate and up to date record of procurement activities
- Contributing to and providing management support to the maintenance of management reporting systems to track and manage procurement activities at project and functional level
To be considered the Interim Category Manager will:
- Be CIPS Qualified
- Have experience in Category Management
- Have well developed team building skills along with the ability to manage stakeholders effectively
- Proven End to End procurement delivery experience across a variety of categories
- Have experience preparing PCR2015 compliant procurement documents for external/public review
- Have Contract Management experience
- Have a mix of Public sector and Private sector procurement experience
If you feel you meet the requirements of my client please do not hesitate to apply!
- "Category Manager" "Procurement Manager" "Procurement" "Public Sector" "OJEU" "Interim" "Temporary" "Contract"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'