A Local Authority in Staffordshire are looking for an experienced Service Manager to join their Assets team.
The role will involve the management of a team of technical and surveying staff to provide a comprehensive property management service for all aspects of the Council’s varied asset portfolio. Your main responsiblities will involve:
- Ensuring that agreed programmes of works for cyclical maintenance
- Improvement and/or repair contracts are delivered efficiently, effectively and economically
- Technical advice is provided to internal and external clients
- Contracts are procured and managed effectively
- The commercial property portfolio is effectively managed with appropriate valuation, purchase, sale, lease and management information and advice provided as required
- Effective relationships with building managers and project officers are built and working arrangements maintained with all clients to ensure that quality technical and asset management services are provided in a professional, customer focussed manner.
- Educated to degree level in Building Surveying or equivalent relevant subject (Architecture, Quantity Surveying) with significant (at least 6 years) post qualification experience and/or qualified membership of either the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS); the Chartered Institute Of Building (CIOB) or any other equivalent professional membership
- NEBOSH qualification or equivalen
- High level of experience of contributing towards formulation, implementation and delivery of investment programmes.
- High level of experience in delivering and managing multi disciplinary and commercial contracted programmes.
- Sound technical knowledge of Fire Safety, Asbestos, Building Services including Gas, Mechanical & Electrical services.
- At least 6 years experience of general building surveying duties and public sector projects
- Experience of managing a team and/or people in a similar environment, able to manage , motivate and develop staff in a logical, controlled and timely manner.
- Experience of liaising directly with clients and stakeholders
- Experience of managing contractor performance
- Experience of planning and managing budgets
- Experience of report writing and making recommendations to senior managers
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ben Brown at Park Avenue Recruitment.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'