The client is a recently formed Government owned company that has four business divisions which are: Aeronautics, Land Systems, Weapons & Missiles and Defense Electronics. The area of Aeronautics covers Fixed wing fighter aircraft, heavy lift transport, rotorcraft and unmanned aeronautical vehicles (UAV).
The client plans to establish itself as one of the world’s top defense companies within 10 to 15 years which requires establishment of local manufacturing. Its objectives are (1.) the creation and sustainment of local high-value jobs and (2.) transfer of key-technologies to increase the country’s capabilities in indigenous aircraft design and development competences.
Expert Advisor assistance is now required on an interim basis to support the new Board of Directors in the setting up of the new facilities and transferring work from the UK to the Middle East.
Start Date: as soon as possible, latest by mid-March
Location of project: London and Middle East
Duration: approximately 4-6 months
The job roles: Interim Aircraft Manufacturing Operations Managers.
Several candidates are required with experience of several of the following:
- Transfer of aircraft manufacturing work from the UK (or USA or Europe) to the Middle East.
- localization of aircraft Final Assembly / Production
- localization of aircraft Mission System / Avionics / On-Board Computer
- localization of aircraft structural components • localization of MRO (min level: 60%)
- Analyse the currently proposed localization package and verify its elements.
- Define a much broader localization package, primarily for the next aircraft acquisition phase.
- Special focus should be given on the identification of an appropriate Training of Trainers package.
- Support the management team in its negotiations with the UK manufacturer on related subjects.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in aeronautical engineering or equivalent
- In-depth experience in combat aircraft design, development and systems engineering
- Preferably hands-on engineering experience with the Typhoon platform
- Knowledge and experience in aircraft MRO
- Knowledge/experience in combat aircraft final assembly
- Fluent English
- Experienced interim aircraft manufacturing manager
- Experience of transferring manufacturing work to the Middle East.
Note to candidates: Please provide a relevant experience summary, your current day rate and availability when applying
- Middle East
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aerospace Manufacturing
- Final Assembly
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job