A leading global pharmaceutical manufacturer in Hatfield has an exciting opportunity to join their EMEA Financial Accounting team and will be responsible for reconciling monthly intercompany accounts and ensuring intercompany relationships are valid.
The main purpose of this role is to prepare balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis and to ensure that any outstanding items are cleared and are accurate.
Assist in the month end close including submitting to the Group Reporting System.
Provide assistance to the Financial Accounting Manager as required.
* Responsible for entering transactions into the group's Global Intercompany System and liaise with relevant finance teams to ensure all intercompany transactions are accounted for correctly,
* Produce and distribute global intercompany matching confirmation reports, including ensuring each confirmation have been reviewed and signed.
* Communicate with all (local & overseas) counterparties to confirm and agree intercompany balances.
* Recognise intercompany FX in the P&L account and support the automated the intercompany revaluation process in SAP.
* Raise intercompany invoices (for services and recharges) as required to meet local statutory requirements.
* Assist all EMEA affiliates with inter-company queries and transactions.
* Assist with the reconciliation of control accounts and other sub systems relating inter-company and benefits and taxes.
* Liaison with the commercial and Logistic team to resolve disputes and queries as required.
* Support the Financial Accounting Manager by preparing various month-end accruals.
* Work closely with the Treasury team to settle intercompany balances via the group's netting system.
* Support the Financial Accounting Manager to ensure good quality of data in SAP.
* Process development and documentation; facilitate best use of SAP etc.
* Assisting the Financial Accountants with accrual and journal posting.
You will have the following:
* Qualified Accountant, CIMA/ACCA or AAT qualified or equivalent,
* Good understanding of Financial Accounting
* Firm understanding of accounting principles
* Intermediate to advance Excel skills
* Previous experience in working with SAP is not required but would be an advantage
For a confidential discussion on the above role or other similar roles please send your CV / or call
Key words: Inter-Company Accounts, Financial Accounting, SAP, CIMA, ACCE, AAT, Qualified Accountant, EMEA, Pharmaceutical,
Gi Group Pharmaceuticals provides a tailored Account Managed Service and dedicated Pharmaceutical recruitment team and partners with many different Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology clients throughout the globe and the United Kingdom.
- Financial Accounting
- Qualified Accountant
- Inter-Company Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job