Intensive Support Worker
Salary: £20,400 - £21,936 DOE paid on an hourly basis
About the Company:
Exceptional care is a children’s home provider based in the Northwest of England. We work with children aged 8 to up to 17 years with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
We believe that children spending time at our company should find it an enjoyable experience, where children can form positive attachments, giving them a sense of inner security, worth and adding to their emotional and physical wellbeing. The aim of our team is to understand and meet the needs of the individual children in their care.
Due to the ongoing growth we are currently recruiting for Intensive Support Worker to join their expanding team.
The Intensive Support Worker role:
We are looking for Intensive Support Workers to join our dedicated team on our mobile provision. The provision offers an activity programme placement for young people that will run for no than 28 days, the programme encourages activities with the aim of offering once in a life time opportunity with the hope to break cycles of behaviour and enable intensive work to be completed. From cave walks, to waterfalls, surfing, to sailing, you name it, they do it!
Amazing Opportunities...You will be living and working with the young people that be on reside on board our canal boat mooring within Preston and Rufford. No two days are the same...
The ideal Support Worker will need the following skills/abilities
Key responsibilities will include providing individualised day to day support with the young people, promoting personal care, working in line with care plans, and ensuring the care, education and welfare of the young people at all times. Alongside the day to day duties, you will also be supporting our young People with building social skills, independent living and self-regulation / management of behaviours.
The ideal person for this role will have a positive attitude towards working with young people, love outdoor and activity working, have a flexible approach to their work (as they could be working several days at a time), and have an understanding of the needs of young people, together with the ability to deal with challenging situations with compassion and an understanding of the behaviours being displayed.
It is essential that you are able to work well as part of a team and on an individual basis and due to regulations requiring workers to be older than the children they are working with, you will need to be aged 21 years or over.
Support Workers main responsibilities
- Assist the Senior/Managers in the implementation of the philosophies and policies of the organisation.
- Assist the Senior/Managers in ensuring that each young person has their needs met through effective assessment and care planning. Review and monitor care plans/contribute to review reports as directed
- Support and participate in young people's social, life-long learning plans and recreational activities in line with care plans, trips out and holidays.
- Act as a Key worker to specified individual young person, taking on responsibility for specified areas of care and support. This includes ensuring all medical needs are met and supporting the young person to advocate his/her own needs and wishes.
- Facilitate and support young people in decision making. Promote choice and involvement.
- Ensure all Staff Members work in a way that demonstrates an understanding and commitment to the rights of people with emotional & challenging behaviours and / or learning difficulties.
Training and Development:
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- A pension scheme
- Excellent training opportunities leading to promotional opportunities within the company
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Intensive Support Worker role is right for you then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job