Location: Tunbridge Wells
Salary: £19,000 to £22,000
Barker Munro Recruitment is pleased to be working with an innovative and entrepreneurial group of companies specialising in Motor Insurance Services, who are very proud to have been feature highly in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking analytical individual to join Fraud Intelligence Team based in Tunbridge Wells.
The Intelligence Analyst will proactively help to reduce the company's exposure to Motor Insurance Fraud through the affective assessment and handling of financial crime intelligence.
You will do this by analysing a wide range of data from a variety of sources to assist in identifying fraud rings and their key entities and evaluate the threat to the business and direct investigations in line with organisational processes and objectives.
Main responsibilities of the role:
• Collate and validate intelligence and evaluate the reliability of sources and credibility of information
• Undertake background enquiries and analysis on suspect motor claims/policies and fraud rings to build up an intelligence picture
• Deliver information in formal reports
• Screening suspect motor policies and claims against known fraud indicators and other risk factors and thereafter identifying cases where analysis and investigation is required
• Analyse data using specialist data mining/fraud management software and a variety of desktop tools as well as various internet checks and databases to assist with profiling and to determine the direction of the investigation
• Oversee and/or take part in system search trials
• Maintaining close links with teams within the Counter Fraud Department to ensure effective processes are in place for the co-ordination of cross divisional enquiries/operations
• Assist in making sure the team is the hub of all Counter Fraud intelligence for a seamless process
• Assisting with the production of Fraud Statistics, Management Information and Root Cause Analysis
• Attending market intelligence forums to ensure awareness remains current and provide updates to the Intelligence Team and other areas of the business where relevant
• Assist the Administrative staff in processing the incoming Intelligence as and when necessary
• Developing and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues and business partners
• Pro-actively managing personal training and development requirements
• Responding promptly and pro-actively to incoming telephone calls and correspondence by use of telephone, e-mail and letter
• Continuously promote and adhere to our Customer Charter promises and Visions & Values
• Where applicable, to adhere to Company processes with regard to FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly; and
• To ensure that DPA, FCA, TCF and other regulatory requirements are met.
Skills and Knowledge to be considered for the position:
• Experience working in fraud or insurance
• Initiative-the willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
• A understanding of data security and confidentiality issues
• Strong prioritisation skills with the ability to successfully identify and work on important tasks
• Strong communication skills both oral and written.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft office products.
My client offers, a highly competitive remuneration package, excellent benefits and fantastic opportunities for personal and long career development in a rewarding environment working for one of The Sunday Times best companies to work for in the UK.
If you would like to be considered for the position of Intelligence Analyst then please send your CV through to Barker Munro Recruitment using the relevant links provided.