IVD, Molecular Biology, NGS, DNA, POC, Engineering, Microfulidics
My client are a prestigious Biotechnology company who are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to support the development of the next generation of molecular diagnostic technology platforms, centring around rapid genetic finger printing of potential pathogens.
- Lead and manage a team of scientists, engineers and research associates in the development of semi-conductor based sequencing technology that will comprise massively parallel sequencing on an integrated circuit
- Participation in the integration of the technology into the automated platform
- Literature (including patent) work to support development of the technology
- Library preparation and Next Generation Sequencing.
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams, displaying excellent interpersonal & communication skills, interacting with scientists & external collaborators.
- Generate conclusion reports, present data in team meetings
- Experience in development and use of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows, with specific experience in development of NGS sequencing chemistries/methods, especially semi-conductor-based methods
- PhD/MSc or equivalent in Biological Sciences
- Relevant experience in Molecular Biology and Next Generation Sequencing methods working in industry or academia.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Broad development and/ or experience of molecular analysis technologies.
- Fantastic opportunity with a market leading commercial Biotech
- Cutting edge research
- Permanent role with excellent progression opportunities
- Accessible London location
- Exciting new technology platforms
- Competitive Salary package, £50 - 70,000 depending on experience
If you think you match the skills listed above and are looking for a new challenge in the Biotechnology Industry as a Senior Scientist, then please apply with your CV or call me on for a completely confidential chat about your situation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job