Integration & API Manager
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruiting and hiring talent to fill team positions.
- Providing training and support to new hires.
- Cross-training employees to ensure job rotation and minimize assignment coverage gaps.
- Providing coaching and performance feedback to all team members.
- Communicating and ensuring understanding of functional or departmental goals.
- Monitoring individual and team metrics and performance versus targets.
- Identifying the need for corrective actions.
- Ensuring quality standards for all processes.
- Evaluating overall team and individual performance and delivering the performance reviews.
- Engaging with other line managers across the organization.
- Providing reports on productivity and other performance indicators to management.
- Consult, early and often
- Building Relationship
- Managing Risk
- Understanding what success look like
- Take Responsibility
• Define, update and apply good practice software engineering practices (e.g. TDD and BDD, continuous integration, automated tests, pair programming, code reviews)
• Responsible for taking ownership of delivery and meeting the development goal (along with the wider engineering team)
• Working collaboratively and sharing good practices while ensuring consistency in the ways of working across teams
• Ensure best practices for software development are properly disseminated and followed
• Drive innovation through API and Microservices
• Collaborates closely with the solution architects and other technical leads to provide implementation details for selected solutions
• Closely monitors industry trends and developments and passes on knowledge when relevant
• Handles complex development issues by both providing technical support and interfacing with the appropriate developers
• Collaborate with the Testing Team to agree test automation strategy
• Responsible for ensuring the recommended design is followed through to implementation through reviews of high-level and detailed design documentation
Alignment with Architecture Standards
• Lead integration design definition and in conjunction with the Architects, quickly resolve any technical design issues that may arise during the development
• Work with development teams to ensure that fit-for-purpose solutions are developed and implemented as per the design and that potential technical issues are resolved early
• Create and maintain reusable assets that generalise architectural and design approaches.
• Create development patterns that are 'fit for purpose’ to be used by delivery projects and that projects apply them appropriately.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Demonstrated ability to mentor others in the engineering team.
• Demonstrated ability to convert product requirements into technical specifications and effectively communicate to developers and product teams.
• Experienced and expert level knowledge in building, unit testing and refactoring integration code specifically using MuleSoft.
• Understanding and experience of DevOps practices and principles
• 3-5 years systems design, development and integration experience
• Strong application development experience with Java/J2EE
• Experience with XML design and development
• Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs
• Experience in designing and building highly available, scalable, and maintainable services
• Understanding of agile development principles and the application and execution
- Commercial Experience Java development, working on enterprise grade projects and integrations
- Demonstrable integration experience with middleware products for designing API interfaces and management of APIs
- Hands on experience creating, validating, debugging and consuming XML and JSON
- Development of enterprise services using RAML and REST based APIs
- Good understanding of SOA principles and best practices
- Experience in using source version control tools, including SVN or GIT
- Strong understanding and familiarity in working with Agile practices - Scrum / Kanban
- Experienced in use of Maven and Jenkins for build and integrations.
- Experienced in use of project tracking and issue management software, ideally JIRA
- Strong interpersonal skills and good communication skills
- Self-starter that works well as part of a team, assertive and able to focus on priorities despite distractions
- Exposure to the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform would be an advantage
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job