Integrated Logistics Support Engineer - Plymouth
A market leading FTSE 100 Defence organisation is currently looking for an Integrated Logistics Support Engineer to take on a permanent position ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
Communication, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (CISR) is an engineering led business whose primary roles are the development, procurement and long term support of military communications and intelligence systems. The demand on the ILS Group's capacity is steadily growing and an opportunity exists for candidates to join the organisation and develop their skills in the specialist discipline of supportability engineering.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows -
To deliver supportability related engineering and project outputs for In Service systems and equipment as directed by Senior ILS engineering staff. In support of this purpose, the ILS Engineer will:
- Deliver In-Service Support for designated CSIR Projects.
- Co-ordinate and manage the provision of test equipment for both test facility and in-service projects.
- Maintain and update technical documentation in support of CISR projects.
- Update designated project equipment DRACAS.
- Update the designated project Asset Tracking Database and ensure configuration control is maintained.
- Conduct obsolescence monitoring and reporting for CISR projects;
- Issue of project stores and the maintenance of the Inventory database
- Act as an ILS Representative for designated CISR projects.
- Attend any relevant meetings as deemed appropriate by immediate line manager.
- Liaise with immediate Line Manager to ensure personal development and training requirements are achieved.
- Undertake regular reporting and meeting attendance as required by the Line Manager.
- Carry out additional project related duties as required by the Line Manager.
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience -
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in an electronics or electrical engineering discipline.
- Minimum 1 years' experience as an ILS or Support Engineer, preferably with marine based systems.
- Good technical report writing and communications skills.
- Eligible for SC Clearance (essential)
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Competitive pension contribution
- Share Save Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job