This is a really exciting opportunity to:
- Help shape the future of health and social care services within the City and Hackney, and gain insight into transformation and change management.
- Gain insight into high-level strategic and decision-making process of NHS and local authority organisations, and experience of complex areas of public sector governance.
- Gain exposure to all parts of the local health and social care economy, from social services to mental health, children's to emergency services, public health and primary care.
- Play an important role in shaping an innovative model of health and social care, and gain insight into accountable care systems - a key future model for health, care and wellbeing services.
Aim of the role
The aim of the Integrated Commissioning role is to provide secretariat and strategic support to the integrated commissioning governance structure; in particular the following monthly meetings:
- Integrated Commissioning Boards (ICBs)
- Transformation Board (TB)
- Integrated Commissioning Steering Group (ICSG)
- Care Workstream Directors Group (CWDG)
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing formal reports to committees on Integrated Commissioning and Governance matters (Risk Management, progress reporting to CCG Governing Body, etc.)
- Manage forward planning; Interfacing with Care Workstreams, Local Authority and CCG governance teams to ensure that there is a clear and logical flow in the governance of Integrated Commissioning
- Managing positive working relationships with Senior management (Chief Executives, Group Directors etc.) and teams at LBH, CoLC and C&HCCG, the Homerton, ELFT and the voluntary sector
- Managing the Integrated Commissioning Register of Interests and supporting the Chairs in ensuring that potential conflicts of interest are appropriately managed.
- Managing the Integrated Commissioning Risk Register and producing reports to the Transformation Board and the Integrated Commissioning Boards.
- Ensure meetings are run in accordance with Terms of Reference (e.g. ensuring all meetings are quorate, and that Boards make suitable decisions and recommendations within the scope of their powers, etc.)
- Ensure effective reporting templates and governance tools are in place: Report Templates, Forward Plans, Registers of Interests, Risk Register, Action Logs, Membership and Contact Lists and Calendars.
- Arranging and supporting meetings
- Provide accurate and detailed records of meetings - minutes, action logs, etc.
- Providing project management support to the Programme Director - Integrated Commissioning; advising on governance issues, drafting reports and terms of reference, assembling presentations, arranging meetings, etc.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with excellent workload management skills, who is adaptable and resilient, who can carry a busy and varied workload with competing priorities. The role will suit someone keen to gain experience in governance and whole-system transformation.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and knowledge:
- Corporate Governance skills including committee coordination, minute-taking and report writing, and risk management
- Ability to identify potential solutions to complex issues
- Ability to support senior stakeholders
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Ability to present complex information in a straightforward way using powerpoint, excel etc.
- Ability to work flexibly ensuring delivery of both routine and strategic-focused tasks
- Ability to working positively with a range of stakeholders including clinicians/ practitioners and the public
- Understanding of local authority and/or NHS services
- Understanding of the public sector context and policy, e.g. public sector reform agenda / accountable care systems / sustainability and transformation plans
- Governance/ Commissioning/ CCG/ NHS
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job