Boxtree Recruitment are looking for an extremely capable and energetic underwriter to join a successful and established underwriting house.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 12 months experience as an insurance underwriter.
Working within a driven and interesting team this dynamic company have thrived on integrity, loyalty of their staff and in return they offer fantastic career security and opportunity for progression.
Insurance Underwriter Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Underwrite and process new business, renewals and mid-term adjustments.
- Maintain and develop an existing book of commercial business to include small SME
- Accurately prepare and issue policy documentation for customers within the agreed service standards.
- Liaising with associated business functions and providing support as required.
- Efficient handling of customer complaints and claims.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with clients and brokers to secure insurance quotations for existing and new clients.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to generate leads and to insure new and existing clients.
- Be up to date and remain up to date with compliance issues as well as maintaining and abiding by FCA regulations and guidelines at all times.
Insurance Underwriter Skills and Experience:
- To be aware of market developments in their business areas and bring them to the attention of clients and colleagues, where appropriate.
- Management and development of key retention and development relationships with brokers and clients alike.
- Well organised with good attention to detail.
- Be confident and a team player.