Act as a premium/claims intermediary between cedant and reinsurer on excess of loss and/or proportional treaty accounts of varied complexity. Enter policy, endorsement and/or declaration information directly into a Client’s systems ensuring that all service standards are met. Ensure that corporate compliance standards are adhered to and performance objectives met in accordance with client needs.
- Process initial and subsequent claim advices and process claims and billings in accordance with pre-determined departmental deadlines.
- Resolve issues and potential problems with the client, through referral and guidance from senior colleagues.
- Review/resolve queries between client and reinsurer, adhering to department procedures and client/department service standards.
- Develop relationships with internal and external key contacts and, where appropriate, participate in meetings.
- Enter policy, endorsement and/or declaration information directly into a Client’s systems.
- Participate in team meetings and activities to share ideas, knowledge and experience.
- Maximise opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided on accounts.
- Support team by helping to maintain colleagues' workloads in their absence.
- Maintain filing in accordance with departmental procedures and best practices.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Take responsibility for development of own personal skills and competencies in line with any agreed development plan.
- Support department activities to comply with FCA and other industry regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to Compliance standards; the Safety, Health and Environment policy; and departmental procedures, guidelines and business controls.
- Maintain compliance with any applicable UK or International statutory or regulatory obligation as required by the role. This includes but is not limited to obligations arising from:
- The prudent management of the business.
- Placing due regard on the interests of customers.
- Observing rules on Sanctions and financial crime.
- Regulatory requirements and local licensing restrictions.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITY
- Strong ability to work in a team.
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job