HRC recruitment is searching for a motivated Team Leader to join their insurance underwriting team in Glasgow. If you want to work for an established, forwarding thinking company with a strong reputation, this could be the position for you.
Based in a state of the art office in the midst of the financial services district, this role offers genuine career development for insurance professionals within the underwriting sector.
As a Team Leader you will be motivated by the delivery of excellent service, problem solving and continuous improvement of your people and working practices. Reporting to the Regional Department Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for daily management of work and resources within a team, focusing on the development of team members, and will have a sound insurance knowledge ideally within the underwriting arena.
- Distribute and control the work within the team using Service Operations Management principles to deliver performance against plan
- Managing and developing the performance of both the team and individuals
- Work with the departmental manager and other senior colleagues to manage the training and development of the team
- Deputise for the Department Manager as required
- Contribute to the weekly, monthly and annual planning process in order to deliver team and departmental goals
- Motivate the team to meet internal and external targets
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the agency network, Sales Agency team, claims administration departments and H.O. colleagues
- Maintain and develop positive working relationships and provide technical support and assistance to Team Leaders, Agents and Sales colleagues
- Manage the implementation of procedural and process changes
- Well developed communication skills, with the ability to motivate, develop and coach staff
- Knowledge of general insurance processes and procedures, including regulatory requirements
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of personal and team organisation
- A can do attitude with the ability to influence and manage change
- A commitment to train and develop others
This position comes with a competitive salary, pension, bonus, etc
For more information on this role, please contact Elaine McCrink for a confidential chat.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job