We have a number of positions available to join a new team within our Broker Customer Service department. This exciting opportunity can be for experienced Financial Services candidates, as well as candidates looking for their first role in our industry. If have an excellent customer service ethos, with skills over the phone and email, we'd love to hear from you.
Log Existing and New business quotes, and monitor quotes over 300 lives, including:
- Securing further information from the broker to produce the best possible quote
- Learn how to identify adverse risk
- Proactively managing quote target dates with the customer and internally, ensuring completed quote meets broker requirements
- Perform regular data and premium chasers for renewal
- Actively manage and understand the needs of customer relationships to help retain existing business and encourage growth
- Deal with day to day enquires by both telephone and email in a timely manner
- Prepare and set up quotes (unlimited lives)
- Manage the production and distribution of Scheme renewal documentation
- Refer quotes over 300 lives to the Underwriting & Technical Centre, in a timely manner
- Produce and issue quotes under 300 lives
- Issue on risk pack
- Produce Quote Acceptance Application Form on risk chasers
- Index work as received via work flow system.
- Follow agreed procedures to ensure quality service levels and compliance targets are met consistently and contribute to the smooth running of the team
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues throughout the business to ensure we continue to provide the best quality service to our customers through efficient work practices.
- Take responsibility for own development by actively seeking opportunities to improve own performance & ensure your agreed Personal Development Plan is progressed
- Actively support and participate in the continuous improvement process
- Ensure the continued protection of Unum’s information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
- Maintain accurate scheme records to ensure that the information used to deal with customer queries is correct and the data held on our systems is accurate and conforms to company requirements
- Understand how Conduct Risk, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Risk Management and Solvency II systems of Governance relate to both the role and the divisional activities and highlight any opportunities for improvement.
- Comply with Unum’s Code of Conduct and other Company Policies and Procedures as appropriate to the role.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Develops solid knowledge of the Group Risk marketplace and Group products
- Develops knowledge of processes in other Unum business areas and their impact on Group Business processes
- Basic understanding of the customer feedback process
- Basic understanding of service level agreements and business targets
- Develops knowledge of corporate regulatory framework and standards including TCF, Risk Management and other Corporate programs
- Solid relationship management skills
- Good prioritisation and organisation skills
- Ability to use all relevant Group Business systems
- Solid mathematical/numerical skills
- Ability to interpret information and make appropriate recommendations / take appropriate action.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Initiative, negotiation and decision making ability
- Compulsory Annual Training
- Group Business - Job Specific Training
- Ongoing professional development
Minimum entry criteria:
- PC Literate including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in a financial service environment.
- Ability to interpret written instructions, methodical, accurate and numerate.
- Experience in a computerised and customer focussed office environment.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Has integrity to deliver on commitments to meet targets and deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as on own initiative.
- Ability to identify problems applies critical, logical reasoning to resolve issues.
- Financial Services
- customer service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job