INSURANCE CLAIMS TEAM LEADER
At Rentalcars, we’re on a mission to help people discover and do more. Putting the customer back in control, giving them maximum choice, great value, total transparency, and customer service that really cares. Today, there are three members of the Rentalcars family.
Rentalcars, The world’s biggest online car rental service, with over 1,500 colleagues speaking 42 languages, empowering travellers at 50,000+ locations worldwide.
Rideways: Finding the best way for each customer to get from A to B, in pre-booked taxis and chauffeur-driven cars.
Rentalcars Connect: Bringing the magic of Rentalcars and Rideways to partners’ sites, so customers enjoy a seamless booking experience through brands they already know and love.
Our aim is to be everyone’s first choice in ground transport.Delivering market-leading choice, value, transparency and service, wherever they are and wherever they need to go. We’re part of The Priceline Group, the world leader in online travel and related services, along with Booking, priceline, KAYAK, agoda, and OpenTable.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Claims Team Leader based in our central Manchester, state of the art office within the new insurance department. Working 37.5 hours per week between Monday to Friday (8 am - 8 pm) the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the claims team paying particular attention to the advisors and their work. This is a superb opportunity for someone to bring their insurance/claims "know-how" into an emerging area for us, modelling/developing the team and their working practices.
- Manage, coach and support advisors daily to achieve and exceed individual and team targets.
- Supervise team compliance at all times with the requirements of the company’s procedures as well as external regulators.
- Translate the business strategy into operational goals for the team via clear communication, targets & service levels.
- Allocating and prioritising the work flow for advisors.
- Effectively conduct 121s and appraisals by setting SMART objectives and advising on scope for development.
- Dealing with escalated complaints when required.
- Ensure that claims are processed in the most cost effective way.
Skills and Experience
- Full understanding of the claim cycle within the insurance industry.
- Proven track record of working within the insurance industry in a similar role.
- Experience of managing contact centre teams.
- Strong communicator, ability to build relationships internally/externally (including 3rd parties) & Stakeholder management
- A good understanding of how the Financial Ombudsman Service works.
- Comprehensive knowledge of key classes of insurance and policy wordings.
- Customer focused approach with the ability to analyse data.
- An organised individual with strong attention to detail and consistency.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter detailing suitability for the role.
- Car Rental
- Claims Management
- Customer Service
- General Insurance
- Leisure Travel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job