Based in Tonbridge
Our growing client based in Tonbridge are looking to recruit a Claims Handler to join their expanding company.
The purpose of this role is to provide full lifecycle claims handling and to act as the primary contact in managing a portfolio of claims.
- Answering First Notification of Loss calls from policy holders across a variety of clients & products
- Checking that the policy covers the claims and how premiums have been paid
- Keeping an ear out for any details that need further investigation and performing basic fraud checks
- Alerting the counter fraud team if fraud alerts are triggered or if there are suspicious circumstances
- Negotiating settlement of claims both verbally and in writing
- Advising policyholders on general queries and insurance issues
- Taking a methodical approach to each claim and working through the processes with each policy holder
- Requesting and gathering documents and information from customers such as receipts, photographs or accident reports
- Arranging for payment to be made within authority levels
- Managing a portfolio of claims, liaising between internal teams, third party suppliers and policy holders, ensuring that all are updated whenever necessary
- Managing multiple activities by prioritising important and urgent tasks whilst maintaining the focus on the policy holder
- Building policy-holder confidence by developing rapport and listening to each and every policy holder specifically
- Constantly seeking improvements in how we deliver excellent customer service
- Ensuring that SLA’s and KPI’s are met and maintained consistently
- To undertake any individual or team task or activity reasonably requested and in line with the company values
- Ideally 1 years’ experience working within the insurance market
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of home insurance or claims
If this is a position that you would like to discuss in more detail please contact Charlene Hills at T4S Recruitment.
- Claims Handling