Insurance Building Surveyor
Based in Tonbridge
Salary £30,000 to £37,000 DOE
Our growing client based in Tonbridge are looking to recruit a Building Surveyor to join their growing business.
The purpose of this role is to assess damage for building insurance claims to determine whether claims should be accepted or rejected and to verify quantum for accepted claims, ensuring that claims are resolved effectively and that the company deliver market leading cost control and excellent customer service.
- Provision of technical advice on buildings insurance claims to the claims handling team,
- To contact policyholders to inform them where buildings claims are repudiated, or scopes are adjusted with a valid well-articulated rationale
- To visit risk addresses and make assessments on site where appropriate
- First stage support to Customer Relations and Compliance Manager on complaints relating to building claims
- Negotiation of building claim costs with approved suppliers and private contractors
- Review contractor estimates and negotiate cash settlements directly with policyholders
- Identify cases with high potential for cost savings or repudiation and arrange for a Surveyor site visit
- Liaise with our approved building contractors to review contract variations
- Provide technical support to the claims team on building repairs, methodology and pathology
- Validate customer invoices and discuss same with policyholders to ensure costs are fair and reasonable and that policy cover applies
- To undertake any individual or team task or activity reasonably requested and in line with the company values
- Ideally degree educated with qualifications in a relevant discipline, minimum HNC/HND qualification
- At least 5 years of experience as a surveyor within the insurance industry - additional experience as a building surveyor would be an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If this is a position that you would like to discuss in more detail please contact Charlene Hills at T4S Recruitment.