Bickley Insurance Services Ltd is a general insurance broker dealing with both Commercial and Personal Lines insurance policies. We have over 5,000 loyal clients and have continued to develop and grow for many years. We are currently looking for an individual to fill a full time Insurance Broker / Administrator role. The individual would be coming in to assist the team in managing a considerable bank of existing clients. This is a varied role, which would see the successful candidate dealing with policy adjustments, re-broking policies, processing of renewals, payments and cancellations, whilst also answering any client queries. As such a good level of insurance knowledge is essential, with experience of both commercial and personal lines being highly preferable. They would also be responsible for assisting with the inviting of motor renewals, ensuring that these are organised and invited in a timely manner and also for identifying potential areas for gentle cross-selling to the existing client bank (no cold calling).
The office hours are 09:00 - 17:30 Monday - Friday.
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Responding to client queries as required.
- Processing of mid-term adjustments on Personal Lines policies (mainly mid to high net worth) and smaller package SME policies (training can be provided).
- Taking calls and responding to e-mails from clients.
- General policy administration, issuing documentation to clients via post and email.
- Collating renewal documentation and assisting with the inviting of the motor renewals, ensuring that these are done in a timely manner.
- Liaising with Insurers to ensure that renewals are received within given time constraints.
- Negotiating with Insurers on personal lines policies and smaller package SME.
- Identifying opportunities to cross-sell to the existing client bank (no cold calling is required).
- Excellent communication skills essential (both telephone manner and responding to emails).
- Able to work in an organised / efficient manner.
- Good computer and typing skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to keep to certain time constraints.
- Previous general insurance experience essential, ideally in a broking environment.
- Previous knowledge of SSP Pure Broking/Sirius 21 highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word) essential.
Salary: Negotiable - please advise as to your requirements when applying for the role.
Holiday: 20 days per annum (plus Bank Holidays), increasing to 22 after 5 years service.
- Computer Literate
- Organisational Skills
- Telephone Manner
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'