Insurance Administrator - Guildford
£23,000 - £25,000
Our client is seeking an Insurance Administrator to handle the processing and maintenance of inward claims from initial notification through to payment and reconciliation to ledger for a variety of accounts.
- Log all notifications received to the Internal Operations department into Cactus and allocate them to the appropriate claims adjuster in order for them to be dealt with in the appropriate manner
- Processing within guidelines, and with reference to procedures, appropriately segmented claims
- Ensure that claim data held within our system is accurate
- Raising payments that fall outside of the credit control function, once authorised and paid to be allocated against the reconciling technical balances and cleared from the inwards ledger
- Ensure all claims have the appropriate level of authority
- All existing business controls should be complied with as well as new controls as applicable
- In addition to the above key responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require in addition to the above key responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.
Person / Experience Required
- A highly reliable, professional individual who demonstrates the ability to use own initiative and work independently
- Must have a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn
- Extremely motivated and has the ability to communicate with all levels across the organization
- Effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills
- Basic level of use and understanding of MS software
- Experience/ Knowledge/ genuine interest of financial services industry preferable
- Basic experience of the insurance industry and the concepts of insurance
- Worked in an office environment as part of a team
- Innovation: Mental agility, able to think innovatively. A bright individual who can and provide constructive input and show the ability to investigate, question, explore and innovate.
- Communication Skills: Able to demonstrate a range of oral and written communication skills. Someone who is able to present views in a professional way to a variety of stakeholders who have differing needs with regard to content and the level of detail
- Analytical: Strong analytical skills in order to identify trends in data and then design and implement improvement strategies in order to find pragmatic solutions.
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure.