R13 are working in partnership with a nationally renowned, high profile commercial insurance brokerage in their search for an Insurance Accounts Technician. Working within the thriving Fiduciary department, responsible for handling and translating all clients funds, your role will be varied and fast paced. You will be providing a professional accounting service for high profile UK clients or insurers, being fully involved in high-value cash collections and distribution of funds. As such, having a passion for numbers and figures is vital as well as the ability to undertake complex problem solving.
Your duties will include;
- Credit control activities; undertaking collections of premium’s / pay-outs for claims.
- Reconciliation of settlement payments and investigating unmatched cash.
- Swift allocations of funds to multiple insurers related to various policies owned by the client.
- Undertaking investigation into discrepancies on value amounts through to conclusion.
- Managing queries, invoices and challenges relating to revenue attribution.
- Raising and sending payment requests and statements.
- Referring issues and queries to appropriate colleagues, working collaboratively.
- Resolving issues within set time frames, delivering to meet SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Attending client teleconferences / meetings to draw conclusions on credit and debt issues.
- Effective management and prioritisation of your own workload.
- Working to individual and team targets whilst maintaining "right first time" approach.
- Building strong client relationships, providing effective customer service.
You will have;
- A minimum of 5 GCSE A*-C Grades, including Maths & English (or equivalent) - essential.
- Degree qualification at classification 2:1 or above in a related field (Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Business Studies, Business Management, or associated IE Psychology) - Desirable.
- OR Exposure to a finance / banking related role requiring ability to undertake investigative work.
- OR Confidence/Exposure in dealing with large numbers relating to finance and cash allocations.
- OR Experience of handling international payments, including the conversion of multiple currencies.
- Passion for finance and numeracy with intermediate Excel skills.
- Ability to handle a high volume workload and multi-task effectively.
- Dedication and self-motivation, driven to exceed service level agreements.
- Demonstrable capability of learning and developing specialist knowledge.
- Ability to influence and problem solve with a logical and analytical approach.
- Confident and engaging communicator at all levels
- A strong work ethic and a desire to develop a long term career.
This is a truly excellent career prospect which presents successful applicants the chance to learn and develop expertise in a specialist area, becoming an integral member of the organisation’s day to day support operations. Future and supported career development opportunities are available readily.
Starting salary is £DOE plus a comprehensive benefits package including 23 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, increasing to 27 days over 5 years; flex working with the opportunity to build up to an additional 6 days leave; mutually contributory pension scheme; flexible benefits scheme on salary sacrifice. Located in an ideal city centre location, you will be working in a busy, corporate open planned office. A permanent and full time position, working 37.5 per week, 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday with the chance for flexibility after successful probation period.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Alex Harrington - Resource Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.
- Insurance Technician
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job