Insurance Account Manager
Job Title: Insurance Account Manager
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
There will be travel through UK with this role
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
We care about our customers and are here to protect the things that matter to them - their home, their pet, their car and much more. At GI our mission is to grow our household insurance market share, diversify our range of products and drive innovative ways in which our customers can purchase and interact with us.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Maximise the potential from agreed general insurance accounts to meet or exceed sales and profitability targets across all Insurance products and propositions, cost effectively and ethically.
- Achieve agreed targets across a range of products and propositions so that Intermediary sales achieve its objectives.
- Build and maintain relationships with all stakeholders within your specified accounts from Principal level to Seller level across the entire nominated account portfolio to establish L&G as the preferred provider for Insurance and seek out and develop new opportunities for acquiring business.
- Analyse performance of account portfolio to identify trends, offering solutions and recommendations internally and externally to drive improved business performance.
- To work in an effective partnership with phone based colleagues so that your business plan and contact strategy is implemented. Ensuring that mutual support is delivered and account needs are met and your Director/Head of is informed of changes in contact strategy with accounts.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with all key personnel from the wider L&G Group involved in the specified account portfolios.
- Working closely with the Director/Head of, identify sales & marketing ideas and business opportunities by maintaining regular contact with agreed accounts.
- Seek to improve sales quality, so that sales are aligned with L&G’s Customer Experience and Treating Customer Fairly Policies.
- Maintain a high level of presentation skills and, in conjunction with your Director/Head of, develop and deliver one to one, group presentations and training sessions to individuals in your account portfolio.
- Maximise the benefits of Salesforce when planning and organising diaries, and analyse Management Information to create action plans and measure success. Develop business plans for your account portfolio, and use the action plans as discussion documents at 1 to 1 meetings with your Head of.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on all relevant products, understanding current and future legislation that may affect your accounts along with key competitor contracts so you can handle objections.
- Keep up to date with market trends and provide market feedback to wider business in order to assist the development of business opportunities.
- As and when required personal development through the attendance of training/workshop sessions and completion of relevant CBT’s.
To be successful for the role the skills required are:
- Previous experience managing large panel insurer brokers is essential
- A detailed understanding of all products within L&G Insurance proposition (including competitor market knowledge), with a detailed understanding of business structures, organisations, product competitiveness and sales models.
- Previous experience in day to day sales activity and campaign planning to achieve income growth.
- Understanding of current and proposed regulation to include: FCA, DMD, ABI, Data Protection Act, Money Laundering and internal compliance routines.
- In depth working knowledge of end to end sales processes in order to drive improvements in agent efficiency and volume production. To specifically include software solutions as part of L&G sales positioning.
- CII (chartered Insurance institute) qualified or working towards desirable
- Strong background in Relationship Management /Account Management
- Strong negotiating and networking skills
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
- Account Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"