Company Profile - Insurance Account Manager
A target driven Account Manager with proven Insurance industry experience is required to join this established and expanding organisation based in Stevenage.
Job Description - Insurance Account Manager
To work as part of the Renewals Team in delivering against target the issuance, administration and closing of renewal terms for existing customers. To work inter-departmentally with other associated teams and with insurers to ensure a speedy, simple and effective customer journey and to ensure the maintenance of a profitable portfolio of business.
- Pre-Renewal client contact to understand demands and needs for the coming year and translating this in to a meaningful renewal invitation.
- Preparing, issuing and reviewing renewal documentation to Direct/IFA
- Liaising with claims and reviewing if any on-going claims or recently closed claims at time of renewal
- Liaising with underwriters/insurers to negotiate, propose and recommend the most appropriate terms for clients and insurer at renewal and mid-term adjustment stage
- Operating from delegated authority from insurers
- Understanding the delegated authority guides, loss ratio and assess risk insurability
- Dealing with amendments and queries with renewal quotes
- Comparisons of alternate quotes received by clients
- Follow up calls to make sure client has received quote and to chase decision or make any changes the client requires for the coming year
- Closing business, over-coming of objections and working to company retention targets whilst operating within guidelines.
- Target driven to achieve high customer retention figures - 90%+
- Processing the confirmed renewals.
- Performing mid-term adjustments and liaising with insurers if needed for terms. Processing mid-term adjustments.
- Understanding the policy wording and schedule so this can be explained to client if they do not understand it
- Cross-selling products
- Training new colleagues and helping newer colleagues
Required Skills - Insurance Account Manager
As Insurance Account Manager, you will have:
- Previous Account Management experience is essential
- A strong knowledge and an understanding of the insurance market
- Cert CII qualification advantageous
- Minimum GCSE Grade C+ Maths & English
- Competent in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Professional telephone manner and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a structured, compliant and prescribed way in accordance with FCA guidelines
Benefits - Insurance Account Manager
- £25,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm
- 25 days holiday entitlement
- Pension Scheme
Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving it is unfortunate that we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. We will endeavour to contact all suitable candidates within 7 working days. If you have not heard from Lawrence Dean Recruitment within this time then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on file and contact you regarding any new opportunities that arise.
Thank you for your application.
Please note Lawrence Dean Recruitment is acting as an employment agency & business.
Lawrence Dean Recruitment is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in both temporary and permanent business support roles in the Hertfordshire area. Our clients range from large, blue-chip companies, to smaller owner-managed local businesses. As a Lawrence Dean candidate you can expect a different service to our competitors, where you feel valued and thoroughly involved in your next career move. We are experienced recruiters with extensive local market knowledge and are passionate about finding our candidates not just any job but the right job! Please contact us today to find out more about the Lawrence Dean Difference
"Lawrence Dean Recruitment - All About People"
- Cert CII
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job