The emphasis of this role is towards servicing local pharmacies but you may also get involved in some personal lines and niche products from time to time and will liaise with colleagues across the company. Previous insurance experience is essential; though our client will accept applications from candidates with telephone insurance experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Answering telephone queries from producing brokers and general public.
* Accepting instructions and dealing with amendments to existing policies.
* Calculating premiums for original policies, adjustments and alterations, and processing same.
* Preparing slips, endorsements and wordings for submission to underwriters.
* Checking and issuing policy wordings and endorsements to producing brokers and clients.
* Obtaining renewal information from clients and preparing renewal documentation.
* Assisting in the research and development of new and existing products to maintain competitiveness.
* Helping to maintain awareness of the wider market and competitor activities.
Applicants will require a methodical approach with the ability to work as a member of a team as well as working independently. A high standard of written and verbal communication skills required at all levels. A good standard of numeracy, sufficient to calculate new adjustment and endorsement premiums. PC skills should include Windows, Microsoft suite.
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 plus benefits including 22 days hols, opportunity to gain your CII qualification. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a close-knit and highly regarded company where you will gain strong underwriting skills and expertise over the years.
Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
If this opportunity appeals please do not hesitate - click apply now and Trish or Beth will contact suitable applicants in due course.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 48 hours of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
Adecco is an employment agency and an equal opportunities employer
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- insurance account handler
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job