We are looking for an Insurance Account Handler with excellent customer service and negotiations skills, as well as a results-driven approach to succeed as an insurance account manager
As an insurance account manager, you'll promote the company's insurance products to those who will be directly selling them, typically brokers and independent financial advisers (IFAs). You'll have detailed knowledge of the portfolio of products and will develop sales of the products and business accounts.
You'll work with a caseload of several clients, building up long-term relationships with them, and will play a central role in introducing new insurance products to the market, while also seeking to maintain the commercial performance of existing products.
As an insurance account manager, you'll need to:
- attract new business by identifying and exploiting opportunities in the local market
- develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, primarily insurance brokers and IFAs
- introduce new products and promote them through regular visits and communication with intermediaries
- increase the profitability of existing product lines by encouraging clients to use added-value services wherever possible
- consult on the most effective cover for a particular need
- deliver good customer service by responding swiftly to queries and concerns from clients
- liaise with colleagues to keep your knowledge of new and existing products up to date
- keep up to date with current market conditions and competitors' products
- monitor and report on performance against agreed sales targets
- ensure compliance with regulations and procedures as laid down by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) by keeping up to date with all changes in the regulatory framework
- work with underwriters to amend policies where necessary in order to meet client demand
- produce marketing literature and website content to support marketing campaigns.
You will need to have:
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- an interest in meeting new people and relationship management skills
- strong sales and negotiation skills
- the ability to inspire trust
- good customer service skills
- a results-driven approach to work in order to meet targets
- strong presentation skills
- numeracy, especially the ability to analyse and interpret statistical data
- attention to detail and accurate record keeping
- integrity, sincerity and discretion
- the ability to develop and deliver innovative ideas
- commercial awareness and a keen interest in business
- excellent time management skills and self-motivation
- computer literacy
- team working skills.
You will also need a driving licence for visits to clients.
Relevant work experience with an insurance company or within the wider financial services sector is essential to this role.
This is a full time permanent position offering a negotiable basic salary from £20,000. If you would be interested in applying for this position please send an up to date CV detailing your skills and experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job