- Competitive salary
- Hours are Monday to Thursday 8.15 to 16.45 and Friday 8.15 to 12.15 (35 hour week).
- 9% non contrib pension
- Health care
We currently have an immediate permanent position for an experienced Engineer to support the activity of testing within the Environmental Test department through the acquisition of data and maintenance of acquisition instrumentation
1) Instrumentation preparation and set up
- Working from instructions given in instrumentation worksheets and procedures
2) Data acquisition and processing to produce reports based on departmental templates
- Maintain error free execution. Attention to detail and executing work to the highest possible standard. Apply a 'Continuous Improvement’ philosophy to daily work.
3) Fault finding and fault rectification of simple to moderate complexity
- Utilizing simple fault finding tools and electronic knowledge
- Identify and escalate relevant issues with equipment or transducers that could ultimately affect daily testing to the departmental planned schedule.
- Recommend and specify alterations and revisions to improve equipment and/or system reliability.
4) Calibration of instrumentation
- Load cells
- Pressure transducers
5) Archiving of test and calibration records
6) Electronic/Electrical assembly using basic soldering and crimping techniques
- Knowledge of high speed data acquisition equipment, systems & sensors
- Prior experience of using Data Acquisition systems in conjunction with basic conditioned voltage inputs, bridge amps and strain gauged instruments
- The ability to fault find test set ups, investigate and implement basic remedial action
HND in Electronics or related discipline.
We are looking for candidates who have previous experience in an instrumentation lab with data acquisition. Candidates should also have an electronics education and be able to work well under pressure. This is not an assembly or production instrumentation role.
Previous vibration controller experience would be great, however if you are not familiar with this candidates you should be able to show the ability and willingness to learn new skills.
We would like to hear from candidates with Test House experience, Vibration Controller/Shaker Experience & Aerospace Instrumentation Experience.
You must have unrestricted eligibility to live and work in the UK
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job