Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Flexible location - can be based either in Atherstone, Loughborough or Newton Aycliffe based on candidate location
Salary £39k Plus Extensive Benefits
My client are a global manufacturing and development company with sites all over the UK and the rest of the world. Based out of one of their manufacturing sites in either Atherstone, Loughborough, or Newton Aycliffe they are now seeking an Instrumentation and Controls engineer to join the Process, Instrumentation and Control Systems team to design Rockwell Automation based control systems for automated manufacturing and support capital projects.
This job is ideal for an controls engineer with experience in designing PLC based industrial control systems for automated manufacturing machinery.
This is a hands on role with a split of 70% hands-on design and 30% project management. Depending on the project, you will work independently or under a senior engineer to fulfil the following:
- Design of new control systems or modifications to existing control systems for automated manufacturing machinery, from conception through to handover, including specification development to ensure customer requirements are understood and achieved, concept design, detailed electrical design, control system software including PLC, SCADA, HMI and drive systems, Installation planning and management, commissioning, documentation and handover.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplined project team or independently to specify, control and monitor the electrical design and software for capital projects, including development of project scope, specification, programme and estimated cost. Design reviews and acceptance testing. Schedule management and installation supervision.
- Supporting the wider engineering organisation to provide technical excellence in the field of control systems.
To apply for this position you should demonstrate:
- Proven technical ability in design and programming of Rockwell Automation based control systems including PLC, SCADA, drives and motion control.
- Experience of Wonderware SCADA systems
- Experience in the design and validation of functional safety systems for machinery
- HND or Degree in Electrical or Control Engineering or equivalent
Apply Today! Or for more information please contact Sophia at Consult Search and Selection
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job