BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Chiltern Hospital has a vacancy for a Instrument Coordinator (Bank) to join their team of staff.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence. The department operating hours are 8am-9pm.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Previous experience working within An acute care environment.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail
- Theatre/decontamination/IPC qualification desirable
- IT GCSE at grade A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence desirable
- Previous qualification in healthcare desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To assist in the provision of a comprehensive Sterile Instrument service to the Operating Theatre / Endoscopy and OPD. To ensure that adequate stock levels are maintained in working areas, to work as an active member of the theatre team and maintain good working relationships
- The co-ordination of surgical instrumentation for use within Theatres in liaison with decontamination unit and other hospitals as applicable.
- The co-ordination of Endoscopes for use within the hospital Theatres or endoscopy in liaison with decontamination unit and other hospitals – where applicable.
- To assist in the ordering of consumables, maintaining stock levels and ensuring rotation of stock ensuring compliance with preferred suppliers at all times.
- Ensuring all stock is in date and fit for purpose, thereby providing cost effective stock control.
- Achieve agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- To ensure that standards of instrument care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational quality policies.
- To assist and support trained members of the theatre or endoscopy team in caring for patients by checking of instrument trays or endoscopes before and after use in accordance with BMI policies and procedures.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job