We have an exciting opportunity to work remotely for one of our Higher Education clients. You must be able to start beginning June - July 2020. You must be familiar with Moodle.
Working in collaboration with the Online project teams, the Instructional Designer [ID] designs online or blended courses that are engaging and pedagogically effective. It is the ID's responsibility for the content and activities to reflect the academic's educational aims and maximise student engagement and learning to support the development of student's academic and professional abilities.
The role holder will be expected to:
- Apply instructional design principles, adult learning theory and learning sciences evidence to ensure the high pedagogical quality of the School of Global Affairs programmes, modules and short courses.
- Design a 'learning pathway' or sequence of content and activities that will help the students achieve the learning objectives set by or agreed with the academic lead.
- Work with academic leads, teaching fellows and other subject matter experts in a collaborative, consultative fashion, helping them adapt or create content, activities and assessment that is suitable for online learning.
- Make design choices resulting in resources and activities that are:
- Effective - so that content is clear and as easy to understand and remember as possible without compromising on academic rigour
- Engaging - so that students are motivated to complete courses effectively with high satisfaction
- Efficient - so that student's, faculty member's and designer's available time during course development and delivery is taken into account
- Collaborate with academic course leads to agree good quality learning aims and objectives
- Recommend appropriate learning and assessment strategies, based on an analysis of student's motivations and barriers, the agreed learning objectives and available time and resources.
- Design effective, engaging and efficient online lessons and activities that include appropriate opportunities for student practice, interaction, reflection and feedback.
- Create clear design documents, storyboards, templates or prototypes that enable academic course contributors to visualise the planned
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Substantial knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design models and evidence-based pedagogical principles.
- Substantial experience designing or creating e-learning (courses, learning resources or activities)
- Ability to visualise complex concepts, procedures and processes in an effective and attractive way
- High level written and oral communications skills, including negotiating effectively, writing and communicating course materials/designs in English, creating storyboards or visual design plans
- High level working knowledge of MS Office applications
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
- Onlive and Database Marketing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'