My client a large global brand is looking for an experienced Instructional Designer to join the team on a initial 6 Month contract.
This individual will be responsible for leading design projects that will emphasize learning that is engaging and interactive.We are looking for a leader that is accustomed to working in a matrix environment and will partner with leaders and Designers to define needs, translate business requirements into performance-based learning, and execute innovative learning strategies.
The ideal candidate will be able to
- Apply advanced adult learning theories into a practical, application-based training strategy.
- The incumbent will manage the overall curriculum design for the programs and processes they manager while collaborating with Instructional Designers and vendors to implement the design products.
- The successful candidate will have experience in developing learning in both a traditional waterfall (ADDIE) and agile learning environment , with the ability to accurately scope/size work, provide project management disciplines to ensure timely completion and post-project analysis to measure effectiveness.
- The ability to communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form and deliver engaging presentations to business leaders is a critical skill for success. The ideal candidate will design learning strategies that will leverage e-learning as measured in business performance, game-based learning and other delivery methods that will support the acceleration of learning as measured by business performance.
- Plan and manage Instructional Design projects to successful completion in a matrix environment
- Consult with business partners across geographies to define and craft the learning strategy and plan
- Promote collaboration, partnership and relationships among the participants and stakeholders in a Design project.
- Select, modify, or create a design and development model appropriate for a given project.
- Experience working in an agile and waterfall design environment
- Ability to work with a team of Instructional Designers who will design, develop and build blended learning experiences
- Acquire and apply new technology skills to instructional design practice
- Create the Design outline for a curriculum or program
- Analyze existing curriculum to determine if there are changes in the learner knowledge base, technology or the organization and implement enhancements as needed
- Design learning that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learner, including the demonstrated understanding of cultural differences that may apply
- Ensure Curricula and courses are mapped appropriately and published in the Learning Management System in a timely matter
- Demonstrate thought leadership and the ability to drive innovation
- Extensive experience in instructional design application with the ability to convert strategies to effective and engaging learning experiences
- The ability to apply concepts, techniques and theory of other disciplines to instructional design assessment strategies
- Proven e-learning Design and Development experience and experience designing, developing and delivering emerging learning solutions including game-based learning, simulations and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency with industry standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite , Articulate v9 or higher and Captivate v7 or higher), ability to use Microsoft Office Products in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project a must NOTE: These software skills MUST have been applied / used in a recent position, able to share features of the tools used.
- Not just knowledge but experience using rapid development and in the design and development of blended learning solutions
- Experience with gaming, video or other emerging software strongly preferred
- Proven project management and experience with leading multiple project concurrently
- Excellent analytical skill, experience with using learning management systems to drive the delivery of training solutions
- A degree or certification in Performance Technology, Instructional Design, Adult Learning or Teaching is strong desired
- Minimum of 5 years of on-the-job application is desired
In addition to the ABOVE, the qualifications that are a MUST are the following
* Experience in design in a corporate and preferred financial services area
* Must have software skills and application in a work setting of Captivate v7 or higher, Articulate v9 or higher
- Instructional Designer