Instructional Designer-Higher Education/Moodle/Storyboarding/Adapt- INSIDE IR35
Working in collaboration with faculty and online project teams, the Instructional Designer [ID] will be responsible for online or blended courses ensuring content and activities reflect our clients educational aims and maximise student engagement and learning to support the development of students' academic and professional abilities.
The role holder will be expected to:
* Apply instructional design principles, adult learning theory and learning sciences evidence to ensure the high quality of programmes, modules and short courses.
* To design a 'learning pathway' or sequence of content and activities that will help the students achieve the learning objectives set by or agreed with the academic lead.
* Work with academic leads, teaching fellows and other subject matter experts in a collaborative, consultative fashion, helping them adapt or create content, activities and assessment that is suitable for online learning.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
* Substantial knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design models and evidence-based pedagogical principles.
* Substantial experience designing or creating e-learning (courses, learning resources or activities)
* Ability to visualize complex concepts, procedures and processes in an effective and attractive way
* High level written and oral communications skills, including negotiating effectively, writing and communicating course materials/designs in English, creating storyboards or visual design plans
* High level working knowledge of MS Office applications
* Familiarity with the following software (or similar) would be desirable: virtual learning environments (e.g. Moodle, Canvas, Blackboard) responsive rapid authoring tools (e.g. Adapt/H5P/Articulate), Camtasia, mind mapping software, audio/video editing software.
-Good understanding of the instructional design role and able to demonstrate how own experience is relevant to the role
-Substantial understanding and application of e-learning and distance learning pedagogy and principles, and/or pedagogical or adult learning theory and evidence
-Substantial understanding of both students and academics in Higher Education.
-Excellent ability to create storyboards or similar visual planning tools
-High level ability to select relevant information and present complex ideas clearly and creatively in a logical, coherent way.
-Excellent English language skills: able to express self accurately and effectively in both written and verbal communication
-High level presentation skills
-High level ability to negotiate and communicate well with others in a higher education environment
-Experience of instructional design in a university (preferably social sciences subjects)
-Experience using/designing for Moodle . Familiarity with Adapt is useful but not essential.
-Experience of storyboarding for video/audio would also be welcome.
-Experience working collaboratively with both academics and in a design team, e.g. visual designers/video producers/project managers would be a strong benefit.
- Instructional Designer-Higher Education/Moodle/Storyboarding/Adapt- INSIDE IR35
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'