Are you an experienced Instructional Designer with a passion for creating engaging learning content? Are you looking for the opportunity to develop blended learner journeys, helping to fulfil our reputation as a market leader in the field of skills development in automotive repair? If so, then we want to hear from you.
Working with information provided by subject matter experts, the Instructional Designer is responsible for creating high quality, engaging and creative blended learning programmes for both instructor lead and self-study learning events. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative individual to join an exciting and rewarding business, whilst playing a key role in supporting revenue and customer engagement targets.
Your main responsibilities as an Instructional Designer will involve:
- Developing scripts and storyboards by applying design principles to create high quality, customer-focussed learning materials
- Creating course material, associated workbooks and documentation, using material knowledge sourced from subject matter experts, to fit candidate learning styles and achievement levels
- Identifying and coordinating the implementation of new blended learning solutions, resulting in an e-learning platform with its contents being commercially viable as part of Thatcham’s product offering
- Developing and maintaining an environment for the storage, control and interrogation of course material
- Keeping up to date with latest learning theories, instructional design approaches and technologies resulting in course content and design being continually reviewed and refreshed in line with market developments
- Utilising individual creative ability whilst being able to work within corporate brand guidelines to produce new and innovative learning courses
- Providing expert advice and support to end users, ensuring that they are using the solutions effectively
As an Instructional Designer your skills and experience will include:
- Experience of a range of blended teaching platforms and Learner Management Solutions including Moodle and Totara
- Experience using articulate storyline 2 or similar e-Learning course creation programmes
- A higher education qualification, such as a foundation degree, HND or degree, in a relevant subject such as; computing, multimedia design, teaching or educational technology
- Competent user of standard Microsoft office software packages including strong PowerPoint skills
- Working knowledge of professional web authoring software
- Knowledge of privacy, copywriting and confidentiality legislation, such as the Data Protection Act
- Familiarity with the Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM)
- Competent in the use of multimedia software with the ability to develop skills in editing images, audio and video clips
- Familiar with common educational practice including, structured, blended learning and learner journey developments
- Online course management experience
- Experience, knowledge or understanding of the collision repair sector skills would be advantageous but is not essential
What we’re looking for in you:
You have a creative flair with the ability to interpret detailed technical information and make succinct learning material for training delegates. You are confident, with engaging verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable presenting to others. Your excellent organisational skills enable you to prioritise tasks and work effectively to deadlines.
Salary: We offer a competitive benefits and pension package, with a salary that is dependent on skills and experience
About Thatcham Research
At the cutting edge of automotive research in the UK, Thatcham Research has a unique role in shaping the design of new vehicles and influencing ever higher standards of safety, security and repairability.
With an on-site Crash Laboratory, Repair Technology Centre, Training Academy and Crime Lab, our research expertise is driving some of the very latest automotive developments in technology, materials and standards in this fast moving and highly technical industry.<span class="go
- Instructional Design
- Blended Learning
- Course Material
- Course Creation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job