Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce that we are recruiting for a Director of Vocational & Training Institute for one of our clients in the Middle East.
Please note that our preference is for the candidates with the Engineering/Math/Science background with Vocational Education Teaching and Management experience. Industrial experience will be an advantage.
- Strong leadership, management and planning skills.
- The ability to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate
and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally and
at board level.
- Sound understanding of the Vocational Education and Training (VET)
sector in an International Context.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to establish and
maintain business relationships with key stakeholders and customers.
- Proven negotiation and mediation skills.
- Capacity to direct vocational skills analysis with local industry and
advisory bodies in order to meet the skills needed.
- The ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight
- Solid understanding of all aspects of practical training assessment.
- Establish objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve
- Knowledge of Academic Governance, Educational Institutional
- Effectiveness, Higher Educational Institute policies, standards,
procedures and practices.
- Excellent skills in organizational and strategic planning, supervision,
independent decision making and program evaluation.
- Strong financial acumen, prior experience with budgets and financial
- High level understanding and demonstrated cultural awareness and
sensitivity to Islamic Culture as exists in the UAE.
- 10-years’ experience in working in related Institutions at Senior
- A clear understanding of the Vocational Education Sector.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- PhD level are highly desirable.
- Master’s degree in Education field is a
This is a learning organization. As such, everyone strives for professional and institutional development
within a culture of effectiveness that:
- Values collaboration, teamwork, and self;
- Encourages ethical behavior;
- Facilitates life-long learning;
- Utilizes new technologies.
- Plans and Coordinates
The Director works with the relevant senior staff from the Directorate to plan, coordinate and initiate
business plans and recommends changes. The Director ensures that policies, strategies and goals are
clearly understood by all stakeholders, and facilitates the development, maintenance, and monitoring of
curriculum and operational plans so that business and strategic objectives at all levels are achieved at an
The Director provides academic and educational leadership through the example of his/her own team
accomplishments and through systematic communication to all stakeholders.
The Director directs the efforts of the team under their direction and is responsible for all staff operations.
In doing so the Director creates and maintains an environment of positive and effective leadership that
promotes and supports the achievement of individual, organizational, and societal objectives in line with
the vision and philosophy of the Institute.
The Director sets goals, develops staff, monitors work, and evaluates results to ensure that project and
organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of
The Director of Vocational & Training Institute facilitates close and effective relationships throughout the organization and participates in
and nurtures broad networks of alliances with others to exchange knowledge and information.
The Director ensures that resource effective policies, procedures and infrastructure are in place to support
operations in vocational training and education environment. The Director identifies and leads new
business development opportunities and ensures highly productive relationships and partnerships are
developed and maintained. The Director of Vocational & Training Institute continually develops business analyses on the opportunities for
growth and sustainability of the Institute.
- Monitors and Reports
The Director monitors and reports on the resourceful management of the Institute, in the areas of’ finance,
human resources, academic, student welfare and community discipline.
The Director of Vocational & Training Institute serves on committees and councils as directed by the Senior Director, Educational Institutions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job