telent Installation Technician (Traffic Signals, electrical) Field based, Southampton
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Previous experience of installation work in the traffic industry would be a significant advantage or electrical installation works in a similar environment.
* However candidates within industry experience would be considered with relevant electrical experience.
* Carry out installation of Traffic and associated signal equipment.
* Carry out testing and electrical inspection of signal equipment.
* Install cables and joints.
* Wire cables at top caps and controllers to an agreed specification.
* Carry out on site risk assessments and follow method statements.
* Attend Team brief / Toolbox talks as required.
* Ensure test equipment, PPE and Vehicle are compliant with up to date certification.
* Will ensure that all work undertaken is carried out in accordance with telent's Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
* Will report all accidents/incidents to Line Manager via telSAFE reporting system.
* Shall inform Line Manager of Health & Safety issues identified.
* Shall co-operate with telent on health and safety matters.
* Undertake planned switch out of traffic signals outside of normal working hours.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
Preferred qualifications as detailed below:
* Recognised electrical installation Qualification.
* G39 trained.
* Sector 8 approved.
* Positive attitude to problem solving and achieving goals.
* Team worker as well as being able to work alone where required.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job