Our client is a hugely successful, long established and very friendly company, specialising in telematics and fleet management solutions. With an advanced range of web based and SQL based software solutions and telematics devices used by vehicle fleets, utilities and the oil and gas industry, demand for their products and services remains high and is growing around the UK and EMEA regions.
A vacancy has arisen for an additional Installation Service Engineer to join their small, talented team, based out of their Birmingham or Swindon office.
In summary, in this interesting role, you will carry out service and installations to a high standard at Customer premises in the UK and mainland Europe, provide technical support and assist in the development and testing of new applications. Working with Controller Area Network (can-bus) tools to capture data will also form a large part of this role.
Key activities will include:
- Configuring telematics software/hardware systems in house to fit to the customer vehicles
- Liaising with installation management for resolution of complex vehicle related problems and the testing of new FM products
- Performing both remote and on-site support to customers and service partners
- Perform vehicle specific installation of the Company's telematics products to a high standard
- Carry out audits on customer installations where necessary to ensure that quality is maintained.
We are looking for somebody who :
- Has previous experience of in-vehicle telematics installations or auto-electrical experience within the automotive installations industry
- Has a good command of PC based software applications
- Is self-motivated and able to work using their own initiative and as part of a team
- Has a a flexible approach to working hours and will be able to work nights away both in the UK and EU to support specific customer requirements.
This is a really good opportunity for someone to join a reputable, medium sized, well established, friendly, successful company who are a leader in the field, offering a competitive salary, company car, decent benefits and 25 days holiday to the successful candidate.
Interested? If so, please send me your CV right away for a rapid response.