Location: Home based, Covering UK but based within M25
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
There’s never been a better time to join one of the UK’s most exciting and dynamic technology companies. Experts in the cutting-edge field of cloud-based workforce management and biometric systems, our rapid growth and market leading products spring from a friendly, happy and innovative workplace culture.
At Human Recognition Systems we pride ourselves on allowing our people to realise their full potential in an inclusive, rewarding environment that puts your development at the heart of our business success. From Product Development to Sales; Design to Operations, you could play your part in making sure our customers receive the most advanced solutions, with the best implementation and support available.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Installation Engineer to join our Customer Operations Team.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Subject matter expert in the installation of access control and CCTV hardware
• Modify / change all hardware configurations to include PC, access control boards, system related peripheral devices
• Recommend upgrades to existing technical architecture and site processes
• Contribute to the development of technical architectures for systems
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the platform on which HRS systems rest, e.g. Windows 7/8. Including the ability to interrogate networks, services, running applications and system diagnostics with the platform
• Generate Issues logs and feedback customer requests the appropriate HRS team, following each visit
• Understanding of web based user interfaces and 3G/Wireless communications
Physical Installation & Support
• Assist Project Consultants with organising stock and preparing outbound equipment/components for each project.
• Install and commission HRS solutions on customer sites
• Work with 3rd parties to integrate HRS solutions/systems
• Ensure that the Work Package is followed and the appropriate documentation is completed and signed off by the relevant parties and passed to the relevant HRS team
• Ensure all on-site work is carried out in a professional and timely manner and to the standards required by HRS
• Recommend improvements where appropriate to installation procedures and ways of working
• Provide comprehensive training to all solution super users using the training materials provided.
• Provide the Customer Support Coordinator with practical feedback which allows training material to be continuously updated to meet user requirements.
• Complete a 'job report’ for each site visited - for review with Engineering Manager
• Ensure thorough commissioning documentation of configured items, whether it be hardware components or parameters within a fixed peripheral.
• Ensure all stock items are fully documented, with serial numbers, and details of the intended location are recorded
• Generate/create any relevant installation related documentation.
• Ensure vehicle maintained to appropriate standard at all times
• Maintain vehicle stock levels at all times
• Adhere to all internal administration processes/procedures and their respective timelines
• Identify and address personal and professional development needs, and show commitment to continued learning
• Champion the company’s vision and values and contribute to the development of the culture and identity
The Right Person:
• 5 GCSE’s - C or above (including Maths and English)
• HNC/HND - electrical /electronic related discipline
• NVQ level 3 - engineering related discipline
• City & Guilds/ONC - engineering related discipline
• Full clean UK driving license
• City & Guilds (or similar) - In domestic level electrical installations
• City & Guilds 17th Edn Wiring Regulations
• CSCS accreditation
• Intermediate knowledge of electronic principles
At least 5 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Access Control installation
• Electrical Control systems
• CCTV System installation
• Fire Detection system installation
Previous experience of:
• Low voltage electronics and electromechanical switching components
• Configuration and use of Windows 7/8 & Microsoft Office products
• Basic network topology and data communication principles (e.g. 3G /Wireless Communications)
• Previous delivery of customer training
• Knowledge of programmable logic controllers/logic circuits
• System design (Access Control /CCTV)
• Excellent communication skills when liaising with colleagues and customers
• Self-motivated with a positive and enthusiastic personality
• Friendly, professional and patient approach
• Professional appearance
• Excellent work ethic relating to timekeeping, attendance and attitude.
• Take real pride in all work
• Strong MS Office skills
• Demonstrable passion and enthusiasm for the implementation of technology
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please!
- Access controls