Insolvency Solicitor - 4-6 Years PQE to £80k - Cardiff
Reports to: Head of Insolvency
Role & Company overview
My client are a fast-growing, innovative 15-year-old law firm and believe their staff are at the heart of that success.
My client regards exceptional technical ability as a given but look for personality and creativity in their team.
My client are recognised market experts in a number of areas of law offered primarily to the UK asset based finance industry, insolvency practitioners and SME’s.
My client are looking to recruit a full-time insolvency lawyer in their Cardiff office to service their London and Bristol Client base focussing primarily on non-contentious insolvency including advice on restructuring, turnaround and directors' duties and distressed business sales, amongst others. Some personal insolvency and contentious experience will
be beneficial but is not essential.
As a niche firm, you will be working in a team on a daily basis, assisting and helping each other within transaction processes. We are proud of our collegiate culture where staff not only work together but also regularly choose to socialise together outside of work (and the staff have even recently formed a firm netball team!).
You will be supporting a number of more senior lawyers and contributing to the team's financial targets and must be flexible in your working hours due to transactional demands.
As the role is client facing, you will be expected to be involved in client networking events from time to time, social media contribution and be encouraged to win work to assist in achieving targets.
• Ideally 4 +years PQE;
• You must have non-contentious corporate restructuring and insolvency expertise
• You must have experience in advising boards in distressed restructuring situations and/or
core finance restructuring expertise
• You must be a strong team player and wish to be a part of a motivated, hardworking team.
• You must have strong financial management.
• You must possess excellent client care skills including polished communication skills - both
written and verbal.
• You must have admirable presentation and organisation skills.
• You must have developed marketing skills to help support, lead, sell and convert as part of a
team the existing cross selling and work winning opportunities.
• Annual Leave 25 days paid annual leave per annum pro-rata
• Critical Illness cover Automatic enrolment in the Firm’s scheme on commencement of
employment providing a lump sum of up to 1 x annual salary should an illness
be contracted that prevents the Employee from working long term (Max. age
• Income protection: Automatic enrolment in the Firm’s scheme on commencement of
employment providing an income of 75% of salary less Employment Support
• Allowance & Work Related Activity Component should the Employee be
unable to work for more than 13 weeks (Max. age 64)
• Life Assurance: Automatic enrolment in the Firm’s scheme on commencement of
employment providing a lump sum of 4 x annual salary in the event of death
whilst employed (Max. age 64).
• Private Health Cover: Entitlement to join the Firm’s scheme after completion of the Probationary Period.
• Pension Scheme: Automatic enrolment in the firm’s pension scheme.
• Bonus Scheme: Automatic entitlement to the firm’s discretionary bonus scheme
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact Daniel Mason at our head offices.