We are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager to join a specialist Restructuring & Advisory firm in the Caribbean. The role will initially be located in the firms Cayman office for a period of 3-6 before moving across the BVI office. After this time, the role will be full time in Tortola.
The firm will offer an excellent salary of up to $140,000 US and a relocation package – Due to the low payroll tax in BVI – This would be the equivalent of approximately £160,000 Gross in the UK and just shy of £100,000 Net
Situation in BVI
Despite the damage to the islands, it still offers an exciting location to live and play although candidates need to be aware that the islands are still in recovery mode. The situation on the ground in BVI is improving however power has not been restored throughout the islands and this is not anticipated to occur until March 2018. The island is secure and enjoys very low crime rates, there is plenty of food in the shops and petrol at the pump. There are rental properties readily available with generator and/or mains power. and hospitals and healthcare services are unaffected by the hurricane. Private schools and day-cares are all reopened
The industry spirit on island is exceptional and newcomers are sure to be warmly welcomed by the old guard. Anyone interested in learning to sail, scuba or SUP are going to love this place.
The current situation offers good opportunities and excellent prospects for career development. The role will offer the right individual the opportunity to obtain an insolvency license from the BVI FSC and started take appointments in their own name. This is a great opportunity for persons trying to break through to the next level of their career and become an appointment taker. The firm heartily support training and will fully encourage and support the successful candidate to undertake the INSOL Fellowship qualification or further higher level professional qualifications.
The team in BVI is tight-knit with a British MD, a forensic director plus three senior analysts and an office manager. From time to time the firm will offer you the chance to work in other offices (Cayman, Bermuda and Guernsey) on temporary engagements and therefore allow an opportunity for you to gain experience in more than one jurisdiction
- To undertake management of corporate recovery, forensic and liquidation assignments and assist the Director and Managing Director with the day-to-day supervision of personnel and other client priorities, employing appropriate discretion and professionalism in performing his/her duties.
- Manages corporate recovery, forensic and liquidation assignments
- Provides effective guidance and managerial support to all members of the organisation
- Demonstrates good judgment and foresight in decision making
- Exceptional ability to lead and manage professional staff
- Strong report writing skills and interpersonal characteristics
- Ability to manage to tight deadlines
- Effective analytical and strategic planning skills
- Experience in managing and directing significant corporate recovery cases with an emphasis on cross border matters is preferred
- Holds professional qualifications (JIEB, ACCA, ACA, CPA) from a recognised institute
- More than 6 years’ experience primarily focused on corporate recovery and insolvency matters
- Forensic technology and e-discovery experience would be preferred
- Candidates with fluency in Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian and / or Spanish are encouraged to apply
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job