A top London based accounting firm is seeking an Insolvency Cashier to join their team on a 4 day week basis.
The firm prides itself on having a family feel internally, whilst maintaining an ambitious approach outwardly.
You will be responsible for:
- Opening and closing regular and ISA bank accounts
- Regular contact with the Bank
- Logging and banking all incoming cheques in a timely manner
- Setting up payments and checking receipts via online banking and issuing of cheques and Insolvency Service cheque requisitions
- Posting items to IPS cash book, i.e. receipts, payments, journals, bank interest and charges
- Monthly reconciliation of all Bank and ISA accounts
- Maintaining the departmental Client Account
- Keeping own diary report up to date by dealing with the submission of Receipts and Payments accounts to Companies House and Corporation Tax Returns to HMRC
- Preparing and submitting VAT 100, 426, 427 and 833 Returns and dealing with refunds and payments with HMRC
- Preparing and submitting tax clearance letters to HMRC in respect of Corporation Tax, VAT, and PAYE/NIC and chasing up responses
Among a few other tasks, it would be useful to have a basic understanding of the statutory and regulatory requirements.