Insolvency Case Administrator / Senior Administrator / Assistant Manager
£20,000-£35,000 - Plus benefits including company pension and parking, subject to experience and qualifications
Main job purpose
To work within a team to ensure an efficient and professional delivery of corporate and personal insolvency services to clients.
Lewis Business Recovery & Insolvency are a thriving firm of business recovery specialists and licensed insolvency practitioners, based in Leeds City Centre. Our ethos is to find the best solution for all parties, and promote continuity of business and employment, whilst offering an excellent service at a reasonable cost.
Most of our work is referred to us by accountants, whom we hold strong relationships built upon trust and confidence.
Since incorporation in 2013, we have grown the business organically by being good at what we do, and as a result of this we are looking for a confident, enthusiastic, outgoing individual to compliment our existing team.
For further details about our firm on our website.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To be responsible for a mixed case load of formal insolvency appointments, in addition to assisting others within the team
- Administer insolvency cases, from initial advice through to case closure, with exposure to all aspects of insolvency, including Administrations, CVLs, MVLs, Compulsory Liquidations, CVAs, IVAs and Bankruptcies
- Address and adjudicate creditors’ claims, including retention of title, secured, preferential and unsecured claims
- Reporting to secured creditors
- Assist team in continuing to trading on site where required
- Prepare associated documentation for statutory meetings
- Assisting employees with making claims and liaising with the redundancy payments service
- Deal with day to day correspondence, including non-standard correspondence.
- Preparing accurate books and records inventories, and taking responsibility for the safeguard, removal and storage of such from company premises
- Carrying out statutory investigations, and pursuing antecedent transactions
- Complete appropriate banking and cheque request forms in order to ensure that estate monies are handled and dealt with correctly
- Complete VAT and Corporation tax returns
- Adhere to statutory compliance and current legislation, including SIPS
- Maintain and update IPS case diaries
- Prepare directors disqualification reports
- Liaise with professional agents, solicitors and accountants
- Prepare supporting documents for sale contracts
- Update and maintain case checklists
- Attend and assist at meetings both in and out of the office when required
- Participate in internal and external marketing events as required
- Delegate work to, and provide ongoing training and support to junior staff
Reporting, relationships & management
- Support other staff, including training and delegation to assistants
- Assist other case administrators
- Report on progress of cases to IP
Qualifications & experience
- Working towards a professional qualification such as AAT or qualified
- Gained the necessary insolvency experience to be able to take responsibility for cases from start to finish
- Working towards or achieved CPI qualification
Technical, training & skill levels
- Good IT skills including experience in using Excel, Word & IPS
- Takes pride in maintaining high professional standards of conduct and practice
- Self-motivated to keep up to date with changes in best practice and legislation
- The ability to organise and manage time efficiently and effectively whilst being flexible
- The ability to anticipate and communicate problems to others in the team
- Confident and good communication skills
- A professional manner including good interpersonal, telephone and letter writing skills
- Takes responsibility for work tasks and quality, managing own workload and deadlines
- Keeps IP updated on progress and highlights potential issues
- Shows enthusiasm and commitment to undertaking tasks as required and in particular in seeing tasks through to completion
- Builds understanding of the firm and its services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'