Inorganic Section Head
Inorganic chemistry team leader position!
This is a permanent opportunity paying £30,000 per annum.
I am currently recruiting for an Inorganic section head to join the Environmental department of a leading contract testing company based in Manchester.
This opportunity will offer a great new challenge, enabling the right candidate to make their own impact and innovative ideas to the laboratory. They will have fantastic development opportunities with the chance to expand into new areas, new techniques and new markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of 30 members of staff consisting of technicians and analysts in extraction and instrumentation
- Day to day workload scheduling of all staff in the laboratory
- Responsible for reviews, appraisals and development
- Analysing the quality of data by using trends and control charts
- Ensuring ISO17025 and UKAS standards are maintained and all the relevant actions are required
- Training of all new members of staff
- Monitoring the performance and the spend of the laboratory
- Identifying bottlenecks or potential issues in the laboratory, moving staff to maintain smooth operations of the laboratory
- Complying with Health and Safety requirements of the site
- KPI management
- Agreeing and meeting targets specified by the Laboratory Manager
- Responsible for own training record and ensuring training records for staff
- BSc or equivalent in Chemistry or related subject
- Extensive knowledge of the environmental industry or related discipline
- Excellent knowledge of UKAS and ISO17025 including being part of an audit
- Strong knowledge of Inorganic Chemistry, wet chemistry techniques and ICP techniques
- Familiar with budgets
- Experienced in working in high throughout environments
- Excellent time management is essential
If you are interested in this Inorganic team leader position and your skills match the above, then please apply online or contact Pabudu on or Email to
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- wet chemistry
- Inorganic chemistry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"