Innovation Project Assistant
Salary: £16k - £20k (dependent on skills and experience)
Closing date: 23rd April 2018
There is an exciting opportunity for a Project Assistant to work on one of our Network Innovation Competition projects; Robotic Roadworks & Excavation System (RRES). The project aims to develop a robotic system, which will use advanced robotics and Artificial Intelligence to lower the cost and improve the efficiency, safety and environmental impact of utility excavations and activity. This role primarily will be in support of coordinating the NIC governance requirements with our project partners and will be an excellent opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge of network technologies of the future.
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It’s your gas, in our network.
What does an Innovation Project Assistant do?
- Provide a full and comprehensive range of administrative duties, playing a vital role in supporting smooth and efficient operation of the project
- Provide an excellent level of service to our internal and external project partners at all times
- Work to tight deadlines and respond to changing priorities as required, possibly at short notice
- Use initiative to identify, minimise and prevent administrative problems
Do you have what we are looking for?
- The successful applicant must be self-motivated with a flexible approach to a changing working environment
- A good team worker
- An effective communicator at all levels, both written and verbally
- You must be competent in front office software systems such as Word and Excel and knowledge of back office system such as Boris would be an advantage
- Experience/knowledge of either the Distribution or Transmission infrastructure activities would be an advantage
As the role may involve travel so you must be willing to spend time away from your primary location.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including pension scheme.
- Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
- Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.