Innovation Development Manager (Polymers) c£Competitive + Bonus +Benefits
South East ABJ5077
As innovation development manager with responsibility for sustainable pipeline of new products / projects, you will coordinate technical work programs associated with complex innovation projects in platform technology areas focusing on sustainability with responsibility for delivery of technical objectives. As an experienced polymer chemist and manager, you will have detailed understanding in a several technical platforms or applications and is expected to bring new thinking in these areas. As a very commercially focussed development manager with polymer experience you will work effectively across internal functions and develop working relationships with operational, commercial and regulatory colleagues to support delivery of platform technologies.
*This role is managing a small team
- Responsible for leading and delivering technical platform programs within sustainability innovation, including delegation of work to others where required
- Development of new platforms/recipes based on knowledge of chemistry and polymer product application know how in a range of core technology areas
- Exhibit SHE leadership through own behaviours to set local standards and proactive initiation of safety improvement initiatives
- Pro-actively identify, report on and improve safety related issues using available tools and system.
- Leading the competitor and patent watch process for a defined area and carries out IP/FTO landscaping for the projects
- Ensure a high level of scientific rigor to the analysis and assessment of data in own and others work
- Builds an external network within the industry, e.g., customers, co suppliers, industry panels, etc.
- Representing the company on conferences by own contribution, e.g. scientific presentation
- Responsible for the performance management and personal development of direct reports (where applicable)
- Supports the Technology Platforms leadership teams to execute their strategies
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Education: PhD Degree in Chemistry (preferred) , materials or polymer science related field.
- Experience in an industrial R&D environment.
- Previous man management experience essential.
- Of great interest to them would be someone from bio based recycling within R&D.
- Polymer chemistry experience essential - sustainable polymer development of interest.
- Able to develop new products / recipes based on knowledge of chemistry and polymer product application know how in a range of core technology areas
- Proven ability to ensure a high level of scientific rigor is applied to all analysis and assessment of data in own and others' work
- Possesses sufficient technical insight to represent the company at conferences by own contribution, e.g. scientific presentation
- Understands confidentiality, NDA, CDA, anatomy of a patent including how to interpret Claims and dependency with respect to infringement and Freedom to Operate, and can carry out basic IP searching
- Understands the basics the regulatory landscape for specific product application areas and can recognise regulatory risks.
- Inspires commitment and teamwork and collaboration within the working group.
- Manage one or more projects successfully by driving the technical, commercial and regulatory aspects of the project to key decision points and challenging other aspects and project work streams
They offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Strong Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ5077 on
- Polymer Science
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'