An Inkjet Systems Engineer is required for our client based at their impressive facility just outside the city of Oxford.
This technical R&D company research, design and manufacture micromachining and micro deposition equipment specialising in bespoke hybrid solutions for use in a number of technical manufacturing based industries. They are well versed in laser technology and established themselves as an innovative leader in the development of new and advanced laser applications. With the demand for more cost effective metallic deposition techniques on the rise, Inkjet deposition is now another growing part of the business. Primarily our client supply products to first and second tier companies as well as working in partnership with Universities on progressive government funded projects.
The Inkjet Systems Engineer will join the Systems Engineering Team and play a key role in the development of Inkjet Printing Solutions, from product development to post development support. We are ideally seeking candidates with skills and experience of working with ink deposition systems and mechanical, electrical and software integration. The Inkjet Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing a wide variety of sub-systems for a range of print and production processes including integration with laser technology for hybrid processing.
Duties and responsibilities will include
- Design and development of industrial inkjet sub-systems for integration into manufacturing equipment for both internal and commercial projects
- To ensure the developed technology is compatible with process requirements as defined by the process engineering team
- Ensure that designs can be manufactured and supported by working closely with other internal engineers
- Document work in accordance with company procedure, for sub-system specifications, development and testing roadmaps, test reports, recording technical support issues and resolutions and also updates and amendments to service manuals
- Contribute toward the continuous improvement of R&D Processes
- Develop a strong relationship with suppliers
- Work in accordance with company Quality Standards, procedures and processes
- Comply and work within all current H&S rules and guidelines
In order to fulfil the criteria for this role we are seeking applications from candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering subject
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the design of inkjet printing technologies including:
o Fluid delivery systems
o Printing media transport control systems
o UV curing systems
- Experience of writing control software for electro-mechanical systems (ideally Visual Studio Languages)
- Strong design understanding
- Excellent analytical skills
- The ability to influence Engineering Design
- Some experience of designing fixtures and tooling
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
To apply for this interesting opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to Gemma Turp.
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!
- Systems Engineering