Injection Mould Technician
- Mon - Fri 08:00 am - 5:00pm
We currently have a superb opportunity for an experienced Injection Mould Technician to work for one of the country’s most respected Prototyping companies.
To set and Operate moulding machines. To ensure the smooth running of the production process and guarantee that all products are produced to the stated specifications.
- To set the correct tool into the moulding machine as required, using clamps, bolts and hand tools as necessary.
- To set machine controls to regulate temperature, moulding pressure and cycle time according to the specification/procedures for each job card
- To ensure the correct raw materials are added to the hopper and then commence production.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the machine operator is aware of the necessary work required of them for the correct quality of the finished product.
- When the job is finished to remove the Last Off and store with the tooling in the correct racking. Give the completed job card to the administrator for completion.
- To carry out all repairs and maintenance as required throughout the shift.
- To liaise with the General Manager to ensure smooth running of the shop floor and organisation of the work schedule.
- To report any problems, breakdowns, staffing issues etc. to the General Manager or Administrator in a timely fashion.
- To ensure that all machines are set and ready to run for the Operators to commence their shift.
- To ensure that each operator is completely aware of all aspects of the work they are given to do and understand the importance of Quality checking and hourly checking procedures.
- To ensure that all product is correctly labelled and identifiable including anything in the regrind room.
- To ensure that good housekeeping is maintained at all times.
- Minimum 3 years working in a manufacturing environment, ideally from a plastics background.
- Experience working on the following injection moulding machines would be an advantage: Sandretto, Boy, Arburg, Negri Bossi, Sarac, and Auto Model 140. Correct training will be given if required.
PERSONAL SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise within strict deadlines
- Excellent team worker, with the ability and self-discipline to work alone effectively
- Positive approach to production support and customer service
- Highly driven and self-motivated
- Maintains a professional attitude, keeps calm and controlled
- Confident working in a demanding and pressurised environment
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to change
- Proactive decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to use conceptual thinking and awareness to generate new ideas
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.