Inhalation Formulation Scientist
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to our continued growth and success a great opportunity has arisen for a Formulation Scientist to join our Inhalation Development team based in Reading.
You will be responsible for performing projects in the area of inhalation formulation development and analysis within Quotient Sciences (Reading) Ltd
Other main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Perform Inhaled pre-formulation, formulation and process development studies for client’s projects
- Perform inhaled formulation/product characterisation work using analytical techniques such as NGI, HPLC, ED, laser diffractometry etc.
- Scale-up and manufacture of stability and clinical trial batches within the development area or GMP facility.
- Perform technical transfer within or across different sites as required
- Preparation and presentation of technical documentations (e.g. protocols, development reports, update slide packs etc.) to internal and external clients
- Select, evaluate and validate new equipment as required under direction of the line manager.
- Ensure high standards of quality and safety in all activities involved.
- Participate in project team and meetings as required.
- Own and maintain specialist instruments as required
- To maintain your own training record and to discuss training needs with your line manager
- Maintain technical awareness by regular review of literature and training courses
- To undertake additional duties and responsibilities as required by management. For example working in other teams like oral dosage formulation development
The ideal candidate will have
- Minimum BSc, MSc or Ph. D. in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacy, or other related science with a minimum of 1 to 5 years post graduate experience in drug development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous formulation or process development experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Network of colleagues within the pharmaceutical Industry.
- Good cGMP, GLP, and FDA compliance knowledge.
- Excellent and demonstrable interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Capable of independent management of projects
- Ability to handle a number of projects/activities simultaneously.
- Well motivated with the capacity to work under pressure.
- Ability to liaise with other staff (from all disciplines) at all levels and clients in a confident manner.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow procedures
- Innovative to enable challenges to be overcome.
- Flexible attitude towards work.
- Keen to work in a new and dynamic environment.
- Excellent computer skills
- Possesses a developed quality, regulatory, and production mind set including an appreciation for client service and the contract manufacturing industry.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK upon being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'