If the answer to this question is yes you may be interested to know there is a company investing in their procurement team who are looking for your knowledge right now.
As part of a group of business units you will be responsible for sourcing both domestically and overseas to support their production and savings goals.
If you are able to commute into Northamptonshire this could be your new career move.
What tasks will you be involved in?
1. Responsible for ensuring day to day management of material requirements for key categories across the UK Sites, including:
• Working with the Purchasing Assistants to ensure Purchase Orders are placed in line with raw material/production requirements and delivered on time in full.
• Identifying and resolving any possible material issues and ensuring appropriate communication with relevant Stakeholders/Departments.
2. Review of Categories, employing a Category Management approach, having full sight and understanding of spend across the Business.
3. Develop Sourcing Strategies:
• Conducting Day One/Opportunity analysis
• Review and understand Supplier base, making Supplier recommendations i.e. Manufacturer vs. Distributor
• Understand Business Requirements
• Review and understanding of market fundamentals
• Produce Strategic Sourcing recommendations
4. Identify savings opportunities driving through projects in a timely manner in order to realise the benefits.
5. Conducting RFI’s, RFP’s, negotiating and implementation of Contracts and Terms & Conditions as appropriate, considering all commercial aspects i.e. stock holding/Inco terms/ Payment terms etc.
6. Work with the Global Procurement Team:
• Supporting on Global Tenders – Data Validation
• Supporting in approval of new suppliers/materials
• Appropriate implementation of Global Agreements, i.e. review of correct stockholding considering country of origin.
• Ensuring feedback as required with regards to Supplier Performance.
7. Collaborating where possible with other Sites, ensuring best commercial terms and sharing market insights.
8. Implementing and managing a Risk Management Programme. Reviewing portfolio, understanding and assessing of risk profile to the Business and agreeing appropriate action plans to manage/mitigate risks.
9. Develop and maintain Supplier Management/SRM processes, including identification and implementation of appropriate KPI’s/SLA’s, holding regular cross-functional review meetings and working on potential joint initiatives adding value to both parties.
10. Liaising closely with internal stakeholders, working with Sales and NPD to provide market insights as well as identifying and supporting future Business opportunities.
11. Support Technical with any requests that are needed to meet any compliance requirements i.e. regulatory changes/reviews.
12. Support Finance Department with invoice queries as required for Category owned areas of spend, resolving and escalating any issues as required with the relevant stakeholders.
13. Review and Implementation of Budget Forecasts.
Who are they looking for?
1. A self-starter who has the ability to manage ambiguity and can ‘think differently’.
2. Strong organisational skills
3. Tenacious character, dealing with Suppliers to obtain and chase up information as required, obtaining best ‘cost’ and lead times.
4. Strong communication skills, liaising with internal stakeholders and the ability to escalate any issues in a timely manner.
5. Ability to work under pressure, meeting internal deadlines and the ability to problem solve.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business