The following job is no longer available:
£40,000 - £50,000 p.a.
Full-time, permanent, Bradford office-based (UK)
Are you an experienced Infrastructure Manager, either within cyber security, network services or IT? Do you want to further your career by joining the exciting, fast-growing area of cyber security?
This is an opportunity to join the UK's, longest standing, and leading cyber security full-service provider. As part of their ongoing growth (their Managed Services Division grew 48% in 2019), this group is expanding its technical team to include an Infrastructure Manager with responsibility for the management of their infrastructure and systems (largely Linux based). Whilst beneficial, previous experience in cyber security is not a requirement.
Reporting directly to the Labs Manager, the Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for:
- Management of company infrastructure and systems throughout their lifecycle, inc. maintenance, asset inventory/tracking, availability of servers, networking, telephony, cabling within all data centres, server rooms and offices
- Disaster Recovery (DR) and Backups - ensuring their critical systems are able to recover within expected recovery time objectives in the event of unexpected outages
- Line management of a Technical Support Engineer, inc. performance monitoring, personal development, training
- End user IT support processes and communication
- 2nd line technical escalation for responding to issues relating to company services, including participation in out-of-hours rota
- Technical ownership of IT supplier relationships liaising closely with the Finance team to ensure services being provided are appropriate and value-for-money, ensuring they meet the needs of the business
Required Skills & Experience
- 3 years of relevant IT management (people and/or systems) responsibility for a technology company (headcount of 100+)
- Strong Linux (preferably Red Hat/CentOS) system administration skills and relevant qualifications (such as RHCE) demonstrating competence in this critical area
- Strong networking experience and knowledge
- Experience of virtualisation technologies
- Advantageous to have knowledge of orchestration/automation technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Cyber security mindset, and understanding of fundamentals of securing a system and network
- Ability to work independently, manage own workload and multi-task
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, with an ability to translate complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders
In return they offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'