Fantastic long term contract: Infrastructure virtualisation Engineer or SME to join the core development team within the MOD NSoIT(D} Technical Design support. You will have 3 years+ demonstrable experience, de-risking and developing solutions in the last 5yrs in the following domains: VMware ESXi VMware vSAN VMware NSX VMware Horizon. Recent professional certifications in Virtualisation certification, VMware VCP (VMware vCenter Certified Professional). Conract is outside of IR35.
- Become familiar with the NSoIT(D) core infrastructure artefacts by reviewing existing Intermediate, High, Low and Detailed Level documents for all Network Components, Virtualisation Components and Windows Applications and Services within the platform.
- Perform Product Selections of new and upcoming Virtualisation products that may enhance the usability and security of the platform.
- Operate in a "fail fast, fail early" mindset when developing and testing technical solutions to complex problems with limited requirements.
- Produce quality Intermediate, High, Low and Detailed Level artefacts for all of NSoIT(D)s core Virtualisation components as directed.
- Ensure that all development solutions conform to security good practices.
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the Infrastructure Architecture team; sharing knowledge and peer reviewing others work prior to formal review by the Core Development team lead.
- Use the Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo) to record, document and test your work.
A proven track record for delivering several large-scale IT projects, in which you were responsible for generating detailed artefacts and implementing highly available and resilient solutions.
- Large Virtualisation infrastructure environments that operate at scale.
- Demonstrable experiencing of working with Enterprise Systems, Platforms and Networks within a datacentre environment.
- Working as part of an Agile development team.
At least 3 years demonstrable hands on experience, de-risking and developing solutions within the last 5 years, in the following technology domains
- VMware ESXi
Distributed Virtual Switches
Distributed Resource Scheduler
Distributed Power Management
Hybrid and All Flash storage configurations
Cross-site failure and resiliency
Xero and Thin Client deployment strategies
Minimum BSc (2:1 or above) in Computer Science related field. Other Engineering academic qualifications will be considered.
At least one professional certifications that have been obtained within the last five years: Virtualisation certification, VMware VCP (VMware vCenter Certified Professional) or similar.Desirable Skills:
Networking certification, CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), VMware Network Virtualisation (NSX-NV) or similar.
Experience with NATO FAS applications.
Experience with UK Public Sector deployed systems applications and services.
Experience in developing secure architecture within a multi-tenanted environment.
Chartered Engineer Status
Infrastructure Virtualisation SMEs work as part of the Core Development team and are responsible for the production of high and low level Virtualisation based components which form part of the NSoIT(D) Platform; as directed by the technology team lead, reporting upwards to the Core Development team lead.
- Virtualisation VMware switches CCNA VMware
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'